Summary Of This Week’s Influences/All Times Listed Are Eastern Standard Time (EST)
- General Influences: With Mercury retrograde and the Moon VOC* during half of the business day Tuesday and most of the day Thursday, there’s plenty of time for review and catching up on routine matters. Saturday’s Last Quarter Moon in Libra emphasizes spending time with someone special. Mercury retrograde conjoins Jupiter in Aquarius Sunday creating a giant gabfest of ideas and revelations.
- Stockmarket: Mercury retrograde until February 1 tends to create choppy and unpredictable conditions resulting from conflicting and confusing economic indicators and information emanating from Wall Street and Washington. Mercury retrograde is a good time to review investment objectives, positions and price targets. Be more vigilant about checking your brokerage accounts, open orders, and double check you’ve entered the correct information before placing a trade.
The combination of energies of Mercury retrograde, Saturday’s Last Quarter Moon in Libra, and Sunday’s Mercury/Jupiter alignment with the Moon in Scorpio raises the possibility for the return of weekend dealmaking “before Asia opens” Sunday night. (The US stock market will be closed on January 19.)
Monday, January 12, 2009
- General Influences: Everyone wants to be the center of attention with the Moon in Leo today! It’s time to get the creative juices flowing and share your warmth and wit with others.
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed to positive bias.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
- General Influences: Leo Moon becomes VOC at 1:39 AM for the next 12 hours. It’s time to get some serious work done when the Moon enters Virgo at 1:33 PM. Since Virgo is ruled by Mercury, Mercury retrograde snafus could be more pronounced from now until late Thursday afternoon. However, the Virgo Moon is a good time for review as Virgo’s critical eye could spot previously unseen errors and omissions. The Moon harmonizing with Pluto in Capricorn this afternoon favors research and uncovering missing information.
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed to negative trend bias.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
- General Influences: The Moon opposite Venus in Pisces this morning could create tensions in relationships as people could be overly sensitive. Energy abounds during the late morning to early afternoon hours as the Moon harmonizes with Mars in Capricorn. This is a great time to hold a meeting to get the staff enthusiastically fired up and eager to roll up their sleeves and get to work! Sales professionals and job seekers might want to make some cold calls – particularly to people/companies who weren’t previously interested. The Moon/Mars influence is also a good time to get some exercise or accomplish physical work. Going to bed early can escape a potential late night upset, and make it easier to get an early start tomorrow morning.
- Stockmarket: Negative; improving conditions in afternoon.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
- General Influences: Before the Virgo Moon becomes VOC at 9:37 AM is a good time to meet with the boss or influential people. Accomplish anything you need to get done before this time or wait until the Moon enters Libra at 5:30 PM. Under the Libra Moon, people have a stronger emotional need to connect with others. A loved one may feel professional responsibilities are diverting too much of your attention from them. Getting on the same page philosophically can help smooth things over.
- Stockmarket: Negative.
Friday, January 16, 2009
- General Influences:
Weekend: January 17-18, 2009
- Saturday: The Moon in Libra harmonizing with Neptune in Aquarius this morning favors spending time with loved ones or others who share your ideals. It’s a good time for artistic and creative expression. The Last Quarter Moon occurs at 9:46 PM, putting the focus on fostering balance and harmony in all kinds of relationships. The Moon is now VOC.
- Sunday: The Moon enters Scorpio at 1:20 AM. The Moon challenging Jupiter and Mercury early this morning could create a big change in plans. Mercury conjoins Jupiter today which is likely to create information overload. Internet and travel could be the hot topics of discussion. Since the Moon is in Scorpio, there could be some surprising and shocking secrets revealed in the news. This is the second time Mercury is conjoining Jupiter. (The first time was in Capricorn on December 31 and the final time will be February 23/24.)
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) ceases to have any major interactions with the other planets before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR SPECIFIC OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.