Summary of This Week’s Influences/All Times Listed Are Eastern Standard Time (EST)
- General Influences: The Winter Solstice Sun conjoining Pluto in Capricorn puts the spotlight on personal power and transformation. It’s an action-oriented and potentially explosive weekend as Mars moves into Capricorn just before the New Moon and conjoins Pluto. Venus conjoining Neptune in Aquarius can help to smooth any strains.
Why wait until January 1 to begin what you can get started on today? See Monday and the Weekend entries for details.
- Stockmarket: As expected, the Administration announced Friday it will lend GM and Chrysler a total of $17.4 billion in order to postpone filing for bankruptcy over the holidays. GM and Chrysler have until March 31, 2009 to prove that their companies are viable, or else they will have to return the money to the government. At that point the government would likely be the debtor- in-procession financier. Treasury Secretary Paulson has now used up the first half of the $700 billion TARP and is debating whether to formally put in a request to Congress for the remaining $350 billion. With the December 27 New Moon challenging Paulson’s Sun/Mercury in Aries and natal Neptune in Libra, you can bet he will do what he can to get his hands on it! Institutions who have been told by the Treasury they have been approved for TARP funds but have not yet received the money could have a problem, as Paulson said he could always dip into undistributed funds should an emergency situation arise. (With Paulson, life seems to be an emergency situation.) And economic and government officials wonder why everyone is fearful and afraid to invest?!
The Federal Reserve “turned Japanese” last week when it instituted a “target range of 0 to 0.25% for the Fed funds rate, with little regard for the economic repercussions. Speaking of repercussions, the global losses continue to pileup as more and more people and institutions admit that they invested with Bernard Madoff. Imagine if Madoff had enlisted Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich as a partner in his ponzi scheme.
The abbreviated holiday week usually means light trading volume, making it easy to push stocks higher or lower. The market tends to be positive around this time, but as the planetary energies of Saturn, Uranus, and Pluto have demonstrated, 2008 is not business as usual on Wall Street.
I’d like to wish all WSW readers a Pleasant and Peaceful Holiday Season!
Monday, December 22, 2008
- General Influences: The Sun conjoining Pluto and the Moon in Pluto-ruled Scorpio could bring power and control issues to the surface today. The only person you can control is yourself, as others cannot have power and control over you unless you allow them to. This is an excellent time to detoxify yourself and your surroundings in order to make way for changes and improvements you’d like to initiate during the December 27 New Moon cycle. For those of you who are into making New Year’s Resolutions, anything you want to eliminate from your life should be done now rather than when the calendar says January 1. Why wait until January 1 when you can get a jumpstart on anything you want to bring into your life by beginning new actions and activities on December 28!
- Stockmarket: Positive trend bias. The Sun conjoining Pluto highlights debt, mergers, takeovers, and bankruptcies.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
- General Influences: The morning to early afternoon offers the most productive energies today. It’s a good time to blend intuition with a methodical approach to accomplish what needs to get done. This is a good time to do research work. With the Moon challenging Neptune this afternoon, people might feel like they’d rather be anywhere but here.
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed to moderately positive. Might weaken and turn negative in mid-afternoon.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
- General Influences: Scorpio Moon becomes VOC* at 12:29 AM. The Moon enters enthusiastic and optimistic Sagittarius at 6:13 AM. Mercury in Capricorn aspecting Uranus in Pisces favors applying original and innovative ideas.
- Stockmarket: Positive trend bias. Could turn choppy/mixed and weaken into close. Market closes at 1:00 PM.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
- General Influences: It is appropriate that the Moon is in Sagittarius on Christmas Day as Sagittarius rules religious celebrations. Expect the unexpected at holiday gatherings this evening with the Moon challenging Uranus.
- Stockmarket: Closed for Christmas.
Friday, December 26, 2008
Weekend: December 27-28, 2008
- Saturday: Mars enters Capricorn until February 4, 2009. The planetary energy of action works well in ambitious Capricorn. Mars aligned with the New Moon in Capricorn provides the self discipline needed to make the changes you desire, especially regarding career and professional matters. Venus conjoining Neptune in Aquarius can harness new artistic and creative ideas, as well as the opportunity to interact with new people who share your views. Look for my posts about Mars in Capricorn and the Capricorn New Moon cycle this week.
- Sunday: This is a powerful day to intensely focus on what you want to accomplish and begin to take action, courtesy of Mars conjoining Pluto. To use a favorite media phrase, “the stars are aligned” in your favor as the Capricorn Moon favorably hooks up (in order of appearance) with Uranus, Saturn, and Mercury. People are ready to welcome what’s new (Uranus) and are ready to work (Saturn) to make it happen. Thoughts (Mercury) and feelings (Moon) are in sync and can be easily expressed now.
Now that I’ve told you how these energies can be used for their highest potential, these energies could bring difficulties on a collective and geopolitical level, from severe weather conditions and natural disasters (along with their accompanying power outages), to travel delays and disruptions. There could be violent attacks and explosions by organized groups and/or the military. An attempted or actual military coup(s) cannot be ruled out in countries experiencing unstable political conditions, as Mars/Pluto energy represents power grabs through hostile takeovers. Nuclear energy and weapons are in focus. Nuclear facilities could be prone to accidents or attack. A prominent individual (plutocrat) or company could be filing for bankruptcy.
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) ceases to have any major interactions with the other planets before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR SPECIFIC OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.