Summary of This Week’s Influences/All times listed are Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- General Influences: With the Moon transiting Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces this week, the emphasis is on our individual role (Uranus/Aquarius) within the structure of society (Saturn/Capricorn) and seeding our vision (Pisces/Neptune) from this moment forward. The moment we’ve all being waiting for is finally here on Tuesday as Saturn in Virgo begins the first of five oppositions to Uranus in Pisces through mid-2010. The old and established way of business as usual (Saturn) has failed to work efficiently (Virgo). Uranus wants to break through the barriers of Saturn’s boundaries to manifest progressive change that benefits society as a whole (Pisces). Saturn resists change because it fears the new and unknown territory Uranus wants to enter. Mars in Scorpio challenging Neptune in Aquarius Tuesday indicates we’re eager to take action to manifest our highest ideals.
If you were expecting me to describe which presidential candidate will win on Election Day, I just did. Barack Obama will be elected President. It’s been gratifying to see all the people who’ve been making their vote count by voting early. Thanks go out to all the people who have worked so tirelessly at early voting locations throughout the country!
- Stockmarket: Fed Chairman Bernanke did as Wall St. instructed and lowered rates to 1% last week, and the last two days of October witnessed a bear market rally. Whether the positive moves have more substance beyond end of year mutual fund window dressing or
Jim Cramer’s theory that government pension funds are buying the indices, remains to be seen.
An article by New York Times business columnist Floyd Norris neatly sums up the current planetary energies: “Off The Charts: A Monthlong Walk on the Wildest Side of the Stock Market.” The article outlines how the wild behavior has broken some of the indices longest standing records going back to the Great Depression.
The opposition between Saturn and Uranus occurring now through mid-2010 represents a period of sharp and sudden price movements (Uranus) that break all historical records (Saturn). Thanks to the era of Pluto (debt) in the global sign Sagittarius since 1995, no part of the world is immune from the financial fallout. Norris writes: “That volatility was so high everywhere was an indication of how linked markets have become in the age of globalization.”
As Norris points out, “All of the big days in September and October came after Lehman Brothers was allowed to fail.” Lehman filed for bankruptcy on the September 15 Full Moon which conjoined Uranus and connected to a past historical market panic (Saturn). That Full Moon served as a catalyst that “turbocharged” the energies of Saturn and Uranus. Not only do Saturn and Uranus exactly oppose each other for the first time on Tuesday, but Venus in Sagittarius will challenge Saturn and Uranus on Monday. Be prepared for some large and volatile price moves early in the week.
The worst performing Dow stock in October? Alcoa (AA), which I warned would not do well in the October 6-12, 2008 Weekly Forecast.
Monday, November 3, 2008
- General Influences: This powerful week begins with the Moon in Saturn-ruled Capricorn. Venus challenges Saturn and Uranus today. There’s a tendency to worry over issues related to work obligations and other duties that must be attended to (Saturn). Venus/Uranus would love to break free and take a different path. People tend to be attracted to the new and unusual now but the Capricorn Moon pulls us to stay grounded. Accomplish all action oriented tasks today or wait until Wednesday as the Moon is VOC* tomorrow. The Moon conjoining Jupiter later this afternoon provides the confidence to move forward on the path of change concerning anything not working in your life. The Moon harmonizing with Saturn and Uranus this evening can make it easier to take the first step. A favorable aspect between Mercury and Pluto makes this a good time to get your point across to another.
- Stockmarket: Venus challenging Saturn and Uranus is likely to create volatility and wild swings as Saturn is bearish while Venus/Uranus tends to be more bullish, but overall the bearish energy appears to dominate.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
- General Influences: Capricorn Moon becomes VOC at 1:47 AM. From now until the Moon enters Aquarius at 7:01 PM the focus is on doing odds ‘n ends and routine matters. Mars challenging Neptune makes this is a good time to tune out the external noise so you can focus your energies on the message your intuition is trying to convey to you. Release your body and mind of toxins. The energies of Saturn opposing Uranus can help you implement a new and untried approach to solve a long-standing problem. Mercury enters Scorpio late this morning. Communications go from Libra’s sociable disposition to Scorpio’s more guarded but intense style of self-expression. From now until November 23 is a great time to do research. It might be difficult to express exactly how you feel as the Moon challenges Mercury this evening.
- Stockmarket: Negative. Mars in Scorpio challenging Neptune, and Saturn opposite Uranus can ignite more concerns about the credit markets and bring other shocks to the financial system. Last year when Mars in Taurus (banking; opposite sign of Scorpio) challenged Neptune, Countrywide shook up the market when it said during a conference call that prime is not prime after all. Mars challenging Neptune represents quick reaction after finding out things are not what they appeared to be. Markets could be reacting to rumors. There is a greater potential that toxic explosions could occur.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
- General Influences: Favorable influences between Venus and Neptune provide the opportunity to socialize with others who share your values. This is a good opportunity to promote your product or service to a wider audience of potential customers. The First Quarter Moon occurs at 11:03 PM. It’s time to take action on long term goals and wishes that have been kept under the surface.
- Stockmarket: Positive trend bias.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
- General Influences: Aspects between the Aquarius Moon to Neptune and Venus this afternoon facilitate cooperation and understanding. The only potential “fly in the ointment” is the Moon challenging Mars in the late afternoon. People have a tendency to get impatient and more easily irritated now. Pay close attention to what you’re doing, especially if driving or working with tools or equipment.
- Stockmarket: Negative trend bias; likely strongest in early afternoon.
Friday, November 7, 2008
- General Influences: Aquarius Moon becomes VOC at 4:33 AM; Moon enters Pisces at 5:43 AM. During the next 2.5 days of the Pisces Moon, we tend to become extra sensitive to our feelings and develop a greater awareness of others’ emotional needs as well. The Moon’s harmonious alliance with Mercury this afternoon can help you to express your innermost feelings. Creative inspiration abounds.
- Stockmarket: Down, but could see improvement in late morning. Strongest part of the day could be in the late afternoon.
Weekend: November 8-9, 2008
- Saturday: Harmonious influences between the Moon, Sun, and Jupiter give the atmosphere a more laid-back and easygoing vibe for the first half of the day. The Moon conjoining Uranus and opposing Saturn later this afternoon could bring a surprise that necessitates some unexpected duties that might have been neglected earlier.
- Sunday: The Moon challenging Venus and Pluto this morning raises the possibility of disagreement over financial values or information that had been kept secret from a loved one. Pisces Moon becomes VOC at 11:28 AM. Things speed up when the Moon enters Aries at 12:26 PM.
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationships to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR SPECIFIC OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.