Summary of This Week’s Influences/All times listed are Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- General Influences: How our goals and life’s purpose connect to society and the world at large are highlighted this week as the Sun and Mercury in Scorpio interacts with Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. Get moving as Monday through Wednesday offer the most productive energies of the work week! What we desire and value shifts as Venus enters Capricorn on Wednesday. Action and energy moves from being undercover to being outward bound, as Mars moves from Scorpio to Sagittarius Sunday. Thursday’s Full Moon in Taurus shines the light on issues relating to self-worth. See each day’s entry for further details.
- Stockmarket: As explained in last week’s Forecast, the opposition of Saturn in Virgo and Uranus in Pisces are the planetary energies behind the market’s rapid and sharp point movements. One day the market is fearful (Saturn) about the economic outlook, the next day the market is rejoicing that things could be worse with downturns viewed as buying opportunities (Uranus). (Personally, I’m still waiting to go shopping as most stocks I want to buy have not reached my targets yet.) So far market forces are working to keep the Dow and the S&P above their October 27 close, but at some point in the not too distant future Uranus energies will to quote the song by The Doors, “break on through to the other side.”
Planetary alignments between the Sun and Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune will likely continue the market’s large moves in either direction this week. The tendency appears to be more to the upside going into Thursday’s potent Taurus Full Moon.
Need a capital infusion? Friday at 5:00 PM is the deadline to apply to the Treasury’s TARP.
Monday, November 10, 2008
- General Influences: The Moon in Aries provides the courage to initiate action related to promote personal ambitions. Favorable interactions between the Sun, Jupiter in Capricorn and Uranus in Pisces provide the confidence and inspiration to expand professional and social horizons. Promoting yourself or your business in a new and unique way is more likely to get noticed now. There’s a tendency to overindulge this evening.
- Stockmarket: Large moves in either direction, but tendency more likely to be negative. Fixed income markets close at 2:00 PM.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
- General Influences: Today’s interaction between the Sun and Saturn in Virgo could offer the opportunity to showcase your work to a superior or other influential person. This is also a good time to do physical repair work. Harmonious aspects between the Moon and Venus and Pluto in Sagittarius make this a good day to conduct business over lunch. Aries Moon becomes VOC* at 2:17 PM. The pace slows down a bit when the Moon enters Venus-ruled Taurus at 3:05 PM. Venus in Sagittarius conjoins Pluto, bringing issues about self-worth and financial control to the surface. It’s time to be completely forthright about financial and intimate issues with a romantic partner.
- Stockmarket: Upward bias, but could experience periods that are choppy/mixed. Fixed income markets closed today.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
- General Influences: Venus enters Capricorn until December 7. This is a good time to work on enhancing your professional image and reputation. Some relationships might part company, while others could progress to a more serious commitment. With the Moon opposing Mercury around midday it might be difficult to reach agreement, particularly on financial matters.
- Stockmarket: Positive.
Venus conjoining Pluto emphasizes financial reform and revising lending terms and standards.
Venus in Capricorn until December 7 represents shoppers looking for classic, traditional and quality merchandise at a good price. Luxury items must have a practical application.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
- General Influences: Jupiter links up with Uranus for the third and final time (previously March 28 and May 21), providing the opportunity to expand your professional horizons in a way you’ve never thought of or attempted before. The Taurus Full Moon occurs at 1:17 AM. This is a powerful Full Moon as the Sun and Mars in Scorpio and the Moon in Taurus are challenged by Neptune in Uranus-ruled Aquarius. As much as Taurus would like to stubbornly cling to or recreate the past, incoming energies emphasize that this is completely impractical. As difficult as it might be, this is a time to release what is not working in order to focus your energies and efforts into realizing your highest ideals. Taurus is not just about finances, but values. If you cannot value your own abilities, how can others? A midday opposition between the Moon and Mars could find some people more emotionally upset. Take a quick walk around the block to burn off any irritation. Relax or catch up on some odds n’ ends between 12:13 PM when the Taurus Moon becomes VOC and the Moon enters Gemini at 3:11 PM.
- Stockmarket: Down, but could show some improvement in the afternoon.
Friday, November 14, 2008
- General Influences: When the Moon is in Gemini it’s time to communicate and circulate locally. With the Moon challenging Uranus and Saturn this evening, the choices are to do something new and different or get some work done to free up more leisure time over the weekend.
- Stockmarket: Market choppy, led by the news.
Weekend: November 15-16, 2008
- Saturday: Someone or something else could bring out intense feelings midday/early afternoon. Gemini Moon becomes VOC at 2:17 PM. Once the Moon enters Cancer at 2:52 PM, home and family are at the forefront for the rest of the weekend.
- Sunday: Mercury in Scorpio favorably interacting with Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus today highlights optimistic and innovative thinking. Expanding your mental horizons is reinforced by Mars entering Sagittarius until December 27. The Mercury/Saturn linkup ensures plans are pragmatic and practical. It’s a good time to do work requiring accurate calculation and precision. With the Moon in food-loving Cancer opposing Jupiter, it could be difficult to resist the temptation to snack tonight.
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) ceases to have any major interactions with the other planets before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR SPECIFIC OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.