Summary of This Week’s Influences/All times listed are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) until becoming Eastern Standard Time (EST) November 2 at 2:00 AM.
- General Influences: Life becomes more active and intense as Mars in Scorpio begins interacting this week with Jupiter(Monday), Saturn (Thursday), and Uranus (Friday). The Mars alignments occurring at the time of the Scorpio New Moon provide the courage and motivation to make a fresh start in any areas of your life that are no longer working and are need of a major overhaul. Scorpio energies involve our most private and personal issues that we tend to cover up because the emotions surrounding them can get very intense.
It’s “Freaky Friday” as the Mars/Uranus interaction can bring surprises and incite imagination and innovation as this energy combo is futuristic. And just in time for Halloween, Neptune, the planetary energy of illusion, magic, and fantasy, is stationing in the sky* from today through November 4. Things could get a bit spacey but in an upbeat and fun kind of way.
Mars and Neptune energies will be forming a direct challenge on November 4, the day Saturn in Virgo exactly opposes Uranus in Pisces. The same old status quo will be forced to give way to the winds of major change.
- Stockmarket: The market wanted capitulation Friday, but that is the last thing the energies of Saturn opposing Uranus from now through mid 2010 will bring. The message of this alignment is that there was no solid foundation (Saturn) to justify the prices that were being paid for real estate, commodities, and stocks. Saturn is fear and pessimism, particularly in Virgo because this sign needs to account for everything in a market that stills shuns transparency. Now the market is shocked (Uranus) because prices for all of these investments are falling sharply off the charts. The market likes certainty and Uranus enjoys being wildly unpredictable as it is the rebel out to shake up Saturn’s status quo. Uranus in Pisces is about breaking through the boundaries since Pisces is ruled by Neptune where none exist. What’s easy to predict is that the market will continue to head south, no doubt interspersed with some sharp and powerful bear rallies during the Saturn/Uranus cycle. What’s becoming more difficult to predict are the market’s daily movements.
The FOMC meets Wednesday. The market has already concluded that Bernanke will lower rates 50 bp, taking us backward to the Greenspan era of 1% Fed Funds that facilitated the financial fallout that needs to be cleaned up now. Bernanke supports a second stimulus package, but the only thing he’ll be stimulating is inflation and more misery for consumers who are not going to get low interest financing, especially not from their credit cards.
PNC’s takeover of NatCity Friday was the first new capital injection under the TARP. Now there’s speculation that the Treasury is going to put some money in Capital One’s (COF) wallet, as well as SunTrust Bank (STI). I guess Paulson’s too busy defending how he handled Lehman to have time to get banks to do mortgage modifications. Never mind that the Fed and the SEC had employees in Lehman’s offices to see what was going on there since the Fed opened the discount window to investment banks.
Monday, October 27, 2008
- General Influences: The week begins with the Moon conjoining Mercury in Libra early this morning. We’re eager to get the day started so we can interact with others. It’s a favorable time to conduct business over an early morning breakfast. Mars and Jupiter offer an opportunity to accomplish a lot in a short span of time. Now is the time to outline plans and projects to get started on after tomorrow’s New Moon. The mid-afternoon is a favorable time for meetings or networking, as long as you’re forthright and don’t promise more than you can deliver.
- Stockmarket: Strongest in the morning. Likely sells off into the close. Mars interacting with Jupiter could represent sudden and large price movements.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
- General Influences: Libra Moon becomes VOC** at 6:05 AM; Moon enters Scorpio at 7:47 AM. From now until Thursday evening can be a very intense time of deep emotions that rise to the surface. The Scorpio New Moon occurs at 7:14 PM.
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed to positive trend bias, but likely weakens in afternoon.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
- General Influences: Complete important work today or Friday as the Moon will be VOC tomorrow into the evening. Early to mid afternoon energies create a good backdrop to begin new projects. The Moon conjoining Mars late this afternoon/early evening can tend to make people feel impatient and irritated. Taking a quick walk or exercising is a healthy way to blow off steam. Favorable energies between the Moon and Saturn can make balancing the checkbook or bill paying a breeze. If you need to do some research, the Moon harmonizing with Uranus this evening could make it easier to find what you’re looking for. Intuition is heightened as Mercury is harmonizing with Neptune again (previous times were September 19 & 28). Taking a few minutes before drifting off to sleep to fully focus on allowing your body and mind to relax could make dreams particularly insightful tonight.
- Stockmarket: Negative/choppy-mixed to moderately positive. Could see larger moves going into the close (in either direction).
Thursday, October 30, 2008
- General Influences: Scorpio Moon becomes VOC at 1:45 AM. From now until the Moon enters Sagittarius at 6:41 PM the focus is on doing odds ‘n ends and routine matters. Here’s an article from The New York Times on entrepreneurs and inspiration and the Idea Festival’s top ten list that reflects the energies of Mercury harmonizing with Neptune and Mars harmonizing with Uranus tomorrow. The Moon in Sagittarius until early Sunday morning and Mars favorably interacting with Saturn today and Uranus tomorrow provides the Archer (symbol for Sagittarius) with the courage and the stamina to aim high. Mars and Saturn work well together, providing the courage to face any fears and accomplish the most complex and difficult tasks with precision.
- Stockmarket: Any morning buying is likely to give way to selling pressures as day progresses.
Friday, October 31, 2008
- General Influences: There’s a need to explore and expand our horizons with the Moon in Sagittarius, and Mars harmonizing with Uranus reinforces this energy. It’s time to break free from outmoded ideologies that hold you back from taking the action necessary to create a better future. New and unconventional methods are favored over “tried and true.” Mars moves fast, so pay attention to what you’re doing to avoid tripping yourself up. Breaking free does not mean breaking the speed limit.
Today’s energies blend well for Halloween, a variation of a celebration by many cultures worldwide at this time of year to honor departed loved ones, as it is believed that during this time of year when the Sun is in Scorpio, the boundaries between the living and the dead are lifted. It’s very appropriate that Neptune is stationary now as this planetary energy rules costumes and masks, as things are not what they initially appear to be with this planetary energy. Intuition is heightened now. Neptune rules alcohol, drugs, and poisons; their effects can be even more potent now. It’s best to be extra cautious about what you consume. Make sure children understand not to eat or drink any Halloween treats until they’ve been checked out.
- Stockmarket: Wall Street has experienced far more tricks than treats lately and today is unlikely to be an exception. Could see a selloff into the close.
Weekend: November 1-2, 2008
- Saturday: The Moon challenging Saturn and Uranus could create surprise disruptions or delays early this morning that gives way to easier energies as the day progresses. The afternoon and evening hours favor getting out and socializing.
- Sunday: Turn back the clocks one hour as Standard Time begins at 2:00 AM! It’s appropriate that Neptune officially turns stationary direct at this time since Neptune rules the unconscious, giving us an extra hour to dream on. Sagittarius Moon becomes VOC at 4:41 AM. Moon enters Capricorn at 6:13 AM, providing a backbone to manifest our dreams and ideals.
*Planets do not really move backwards, but appear to from Earth’s vantage point. Neptune has been retrograde since May 26 and will begin moving forward November 5.
**VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationships to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR SPECIFIC OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.
Related Post: “Make Your Vote Count; Vote Before Election Day!”