Summary of This Week’s Influences/All times listed are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
- General Influences: This week’s energies favor getting caught up and correcting any issues that surfaced between September 24 and October 15 when Mercury was retrograde. The Moon in Virgo from Thursday at 3:40 PM through Saturday evening is a good time to take care of errands, clear the clutter, and handle of all those pesky details that tend to get pushed aside.
- Stockmarket: I mentioned in last week’s Summary that Venus entering Sagittarius yesterday would facilitate “a greater international effort to shore up the global financial system.” President Bush announced yesterday he will host a global financial summit later next month. Not that the President has anything constructive to bring to the table when he continues to regurgitate his “free market/preserve capitalism” mantra. The one question I would like a reporter to ask Treasury Secretary Paulson after he leaves the government is: “What methodologies did you want to employ during the financial crisis that were inhibited by President Bush’s ideology?”
Last week saw another Paulson plan. (Last year around this time Paulson was trying to get a SIV together.) Notice that each government announcement has had a shorter bullish effect on the market than the previous one.
I stated in a January 22 post that “2008 will be a bearish year for the stockmarket.” For the most part the government’s actions and lack of action have made the situation more severe. I agree with Warren Buffett that major panic drops present buying opportunities akin to when classic, quality merchandise at the store is severely marked down. My Buffett post presents a broad outline of past bear periods and the planetary alignments of the next couple of years.
This week’s market trend still appears to be choppy, but less volatile than the past few weeks. Earnings season gets in full swing, and the choppy/mixed conditions could be a reflection of the market trying to balance the good and the bad numbers.
OPEC is holding an emergency meeting Friday in Vienna to decide whether to cut production. With Mercury conjoining OPEC’s Venus in Libra, the cartel should be able to reach consensus. Libra likes to please all sides, so the cut could be minimal or be scheduled for after the New Year to placate Western leaders such as British PM Brown who called the prospect of an OPEC cut “absolutely scandalous.” Waging war in the Middle East is never about democracy, as Republican presidential candidate John McCain said in the debate last week: “We had to take Saddam Hussein out of Kuwait or it would've threatened the Middle Eastern world supply.”
- General Influences: It’s Monday, or should I say Moon-Day as Mondays are ruled by the Moon and today the Moon is at home in Cancer. Food and family are in focus now. There’s a tendency to feel a bit too optimistic about a situation which could lead to overspending with the Moon opposite Jupiter early this morning. Save decision making for midday when there’s a better sense of reality. Energies later this afternoon favor “going with your gut.”
- Stockmarket: Up early, then choppy/mixed; positive trend bias.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
- General Influences: The Last Quarter Moon occurs at 7:55 AM. Cancer Moon is VOC* until 10:35 AM when the Moon enters playful Leo. The Moon harmonizing with Venus late this afternoon is a good time for beautification, social activities, or a romantic dinner date. The Sun in Libra favorably aspecting Pluto provides an opportunity to take relationships to a deeper level of understanding.
- Stockmarket: Unsettled conditions likely keep the market down at least in the morning. Could see improvement at the end of the day.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
- General Influences: There can be a tendency to feel frustrated and impatient with the Moon challenging Mars this morning. People tend to be more stubborn and temperamental now; save important discussions for the afternoon or evening. The Sun enters Scorpio this evening until November 21. From now until November 16 the Sun and Mars are in Scorpio (along with Mercury in Scorpio on November 4). Scorpio energies provide the determination and desire to focus on self-transformation rather than the futile attempt to try to control others. (More about this in the October 28 Scorpio New Moon Cycle that I will post before that date.)
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed to moderately up.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
- General Influences: It’s easier to get someone to open up about themselves when the Moon harmonizes with Pluto around midday. Leo Moon becomes VOC at 1:53 PM. The Moon enters Virgo at 3:40 PM. Now through Saturday evening is the time to get work done that requires a high level of detail and precision.
- Stockmarket: Mostly negative but could see improvement in early afternoon.
Friday, October 24, 2008
- General Influences: Aspects between the Moon and Mars later this afternoon is good for doing physical tasks or exercising. Taking a walk feels invigorating. Relaxed, mellow energies flow through the emotional atmosphere this evening.
- Stockmarket: Rapid price movements range from down lower to moderately positive.
Weekend: October 25-26, 2008
- Saturday: The Virgo Moon is a good time to shop for essentials and stay within a budget. Emotions could get intense with the Moon challenging Pluto this evening. It’s important to express feelings without being critical or judgmental. Virgo Moon becomes VOC at 9:02 PM; Moon enters Libra at 10:47 PM.
- Sunday: Mercury in Libra challenges Jupiter for the third time today (previous times were September 8 and October 6). People can tend to over commit themselves in order to maintain the peace and status quo. There’s a tendency to exaggerate now, so it might be wise to be skeptical of what another person or the media is reporting now. Socializing is favored in the late afternoon.
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationships to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR SPECIFIC OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.
Related Post: “Make Your Vote Count; Vote Before Election Day!”