Summary of This Week’s Influences/All times listed are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- General Influences: Tuesday’s Full Moon in fast action Aries and Mercury retrograde* moving direct Wednesday brings our attention back to issues that occurred on September 24 and September 29. Communications begins to get back on track on Friday when the Moon enters Mercury-ruled Gemini. The days are active this week as the Moon is VOC** for brief periods during the night to the early morning hours.
- Stockmarket: Another week and another proposed Paulson plan. Or true to Mercury retrograde, a revised plan. Is it any wonder markets panicked way beyond the choppy and volatile actions so typical of Mercury retrograde?! Even CNBC is getting with the program and understands you don’t start new endeavors when Mercury is retrograde. Things don’t turn out as planned, and low and behold there’s still a gaping hole that in his haste for action, Treasury Secretary Paulson failed to cover with his TARP: the credit crunch caused by banks refusing to lend to each other let alone businesses and governments. Pisces and its planetary ruler Neptune rule credit, and the credit crisis reached pandemic proportions at the September 15 Pisces Harvest Moon when Lehman Brothers (LEH) was forced to file for bankruptcy after the government refused to give Barclays Bank (BCS) the same deal to buy Lehman as JPMorgan (JPM) got for acquiring Bear Stearns. This fateful decision, along with the government’s punitive punishments for the shareholders of AIG, and Fannie Mae (FNM) and Freddie Mac (FRE), discourage investment in financial institutions. Who wants to buy shares or make a capital injection in a financial institution and get wiped out because the Treasury Secretary changes the playbook as he goes along? I’ve got a lot more to say about this a little bit later, as I want to turn my focus to the week ahead.
Tuesday’s Full Moon in Aries conjoining Paulson’s natal Venus (banks) challenges his natal Mars and Saturn in Cancer, so you can bet he’s going to announce a new plan to inject capital into a limited number of banks. The Sun is now at the point where Mercury went retrograde on September 24. The Full Moon tends to bring issues to a climax, and this is D-day for Morgan Stanley (MS) who stuck their nose up at a merger with Wachovia (WB) to remain independent and become a commercial bank to seeing if Mitsubishi UFG Financial Group will still give them a capital injection to keep them afloat. Mercury stationing direct on Wednesday will be where it was on the September 29 Libra New Moon when the House failed to pass the TARP. Venus enters Sagittarius on Saturday until November 12, providing the potential for greater transparency concerning how these programs will work and a greater international effort to shore up the global financial system.
Friday is Options expiration. Transiting Mars in Scorpio challenges the August 1 Leo Solar Eclipse. Expect action concerning issues that occurred then. That was when Merrill Lynch (MER) sold mortgage-backed CDOs for 22 cents on the dollar (or less considering Merrill financed 75% of the deal). Now Merrill is being acquired by Bank of America – maybe. Additionally on Friday, Saturn in Virgo challenges natal Neptune in the chart of the founding of the DJIA. Last week the DJIA experienced its worst week since it was founded on May 26, 1896. Market direction is being steered by the government (Saturn), causing far greater shocks to the system (Uranus in Pisces) than the economic contraction that would be expected to occur under their cycle of opposition between November 2008 and July 2010.
Monday, October 13, 2008
- General Influences: The Moon in Pisces becomes VOC at 1:02 AM; Moon enters Aries at 3:07 AM. With the Moon in Aries today and tomorrow, people tend to be more impatient and ready to dive head first into action. Acting too quickly can lead to miscommunications and errors as the Moon opposes Mercury later this afternoon. Trying to get your point across now might not be well received. The Sun harmonizing with Neptune through tomorrow favors artistic and creative self-expression.
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed; negative trend bias.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
- General Influences: The Full Moon in Aries favorably aspecting Neptune reminds us of the importance of taking brief breaks throughout the day to tune into ourselves. If we’re feeling “burnt out” it means we’re out of balance because we’re not respecting ourselves. And that means we’re short-changing our relationships, from loved ones to our work.
- Stockmarket: Up at open or shortly thereafter; positive trend bias. Could see a big move into the close or after hours.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
- General Influences: Aries Moon becomes VOC at 3:36 AM; Moon enters Taurus at 5:31 AM. Today’s big news is Mercury moving stationary direct at 4:06 PM. However, the opposition between the Moon and Mars early this evening reminds us that situations don’t reverse in an instant. A disagreement could arise over joint financial matters.
- Stockmarket: Any positive carryover from yesterday could turn choppy/mixed. There could be big moves (in either direction).
Thursday, October 16, 2008
- General Influences: Save your most taxing tasks for the morning hours, as the stick with it energies of the Taurus Moon harmonizing with Saturn can make a difficult job easier (and even enjoyable). Favorable aspects between the Moon and Uranus early this afternoon give a gentle nudge to be more open to new ideas. The energies later this afternoon are more conducive to daydreaming than doing; expectations tend to be unrealistic.
- Stockmarket: Negative trend bias.
Friday, October 17, 2008
- General Influences: Taurus Moon becomes VOC at 3:33 AM; at 6:25 AM the Moon enters Gemini. After three weeks of Mercury retrograde there could be such a pent-up need to communicate and get things moving again that there could be a tendency to stay spinning our wheels just talking about the need to move forward! Communication devices, financial quotes, and newswire services could be prone to problems from the high level of activity. The Moon harmonizing with Mercury this evening finds most people continuing the gabfest with their partner or special someone.
- Stockmarket: Choppy/volatile conditions; negative trend bias.
Weekend: October 18-19, 2008
- Saturday: The Moon challenging Saturn encourages us to get take care of errands and obligations this morning. That way you won’t be frantic if faced with any unexpected disruptions or surprises this afternoon. Dinner with a partner or friend could make for some inspiring conversation.
- Sunday: Gemini Moon becomes VOC at 5:52 AM. When the Moon enters Cancer at 7:40 AM, we’re ready for a day of domesticity, enjoying the comforts of home. Go to bed before the hunger pangs set in, as a late night snack could cause digestive difficulties or trouble falling asleep.
*Planets do not really move backwards, but appear to from Earth’s vantage point.
**VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationships to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR SPECIFIC OUTOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.
Related Post: “Make Your Vote Count; Vote Before Election Day!”
Disclosure: Long FRE