- General Influences: Major energy shifts are in store this week as both Jupiter and Pluto move stationary direct on Monday, intensifying their energies. (Planets do not really move backwards, but appear to from our vantage point here on Earth.) See the daily entries for details.
- Stockmarket: What a wild this week is going to be in the markets – and that was before Friday’s news that the Treasury is likely to take some kind of intervention in “Fannie & Freddie Before Asia Opens Sunday at 8:00 PM EDT.” As I wrote last month, if the government intended to take action, this would be the most likely time period.
To reiterate: The First Quarter Moon (the midpoint between the New and Full Moon), is the “crisis in action” phase of the lunar cycle. The Quarter Moon energies are made more powerful from stationary Jupiter in Capricorn (expanding the role of government). Jupiter in Capricorn aptly describes Fannie and Freddie: publicly traded companies with an implied government guarantee. Jupiter stations opposite the USA’s Sun in Cancer, representing the strong identification (Sun) the nation has to home ownership (Cancer). Jupiter also challenges the USA Saturn in Libra, reflecting the government’s increased responsibility for the government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs). It also indicates the fall of the GSEs management and change in corporate structure to the reported government conservatorship – very Saturn! It also reflects the second pass of Jupiter harmonizing with Saturn in Virgo (described below). Mercury, Venus, and Mars in Libra are challenging Jupiter and the USA Sun and Saturn now, indicating the government’s desire to take action now. Pluto moving direct in Sagittarius represents the massive domestic and global repercussions that government intervention will have, as this energy rules the bond market and all forms of debt and lending. Pluto represents mergers and acquisitions/takeovers, and the players (plutocrats) who gain and lose large amounts of money and influence as a result.
Jupiter, the principle of expansion and exaggeration, is stationary through Tuesday, and challenged by Mercury (news), Mars (action), and Venus (asset values/the financial system). The biggest planet in our solar system tends to overdo to the point of excess, creating overbought or oversold conditions. Jupiter energy prefers to be optimistic and speculative, but particularly now with Jupiter interacting with Saturn (caution/fear), as well as Pluto stationary through September 16, there could be massive panic. The last time Jupiter harmonized with Saturn was January 22, when the market sold off in reaction to heavy selling in Europe and Asia (“the SocGen selloff”). Keep in mind that Jupiter is moving direct opposite where Mars in Cancer had went retrograde on November 15, 2007, so issues important around that time could resurface. (The Blackstone Group declared then that the mortgage crisis is “deeper and scarier” than anyone expected.)
Uranus energies will be strong at the end of the week, reinforced by the Moon in Aquarius then. Uranus correlates to sharp and unexpected price movements that can take the market on a rollercoaster ride.
As predicted, Hurricane Gustav made landfall in Louisiana last Monday but did not have as great an impact on New Orleans and the Gulf rigs as forecasters had initially thought. In my Virgo New Moon post, Louisiana is one of my “HotSpots” for the entire cycle. For the First Quarter Moon period covering September 7-15, I had the Louisiana/Texas border capitalized (meaning a major HotSpot). The forecast track for Hurricane Ike is headed in that direction. Notice that California is also strong on the HotSpot list, raising the potential for earthquakes, extreme weather phenomenon, or manmade disasters. Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Pluto are impacting the charts for California, Long Beach, Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco.
With Jupiter in Capricorn, the sign of government, and Pluto ruling nuclear issues, extremism, power plays, and secrets, geopolitics is likely to influence the market this week.
I will cite the tendencies of each market day below, but keep in mind the minor energies are likely to be overshadowed by the dominant planetary energies of the week.
Related Posts that discuss/relate to the energies surrounding this time period: “Georgia, Russia, and the USA: All About Oil”, “The Exploitation of Bristol Palin”, “Cramer Acknowledges the Power of Pluto!”, “Hope, Fear, and Lack of Outrage Toward the Merchants of Debt”
Monday, September 8, 2008
- General Influences: There’s a lot going on today! The Moon is in Sagittarius, which is ruled by Jupiter, the planetary energy of expansion, which moves direct after being retrograde since May 9. There’s a feeling of confidence in the ability to move forward with ideas/projects. Jupiter relates to long distance travel, religion, higher learning (universities), publishing, and legal matters. Mercury aligns with Mars and challenges Jupiter. There’s a tendency to act without thinking things through. These energies can become overzealous and impatient toward others who do not share the same view. Pluto, the planetary energy of transformation, also moves direct after being retrograde since April 2. Issues involving insurance, wills/estates/trusts, assets that are jointly held, and intimate matters could be subject to intense examination now through the September 15 Full Moon. Jupiter harmonizes with Saturn – a good time to interact with elders and influential people that can help you expand your professional horizons. Sagittarius Moon becomes VOC* at 12:42 PM. Enthusiasm becomes optimistically cautious when the Moon enters Capricorn at 3:45 PM. Capricorn is ruled by Saturn, emphasizing the need to ensure your ideas and efforts are on solid ground.
- Stockmarket: As detailed above, there’s so much going on that it can be difficult to get a clear sense of direction. Jupiter direct and Mercury challenging Jupiter has a tendency to be bullish. Mercury conjoining Mars can indicate buying. But Jupiter/Saturn and the Moon conjoining Pluto direct tend toward the opposite direction.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
- General Influences: The Moon challenging Mercury, Venus, and Mars and Venus challenging Jupiter, can be too generous and overindulgent.
- Stockmarket: Could get continued selling from late yesterday, followed by improving conditions.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
- General Influences: Opportunities could arise early this morning in the most unlikely circumstances/places. Capricorn Moon becomes VOC at 9:15 AM for the rest of the day. Now is a good time to attend to routine matters.
- Stockmarket: Pessimistic outlook prompts selling.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
- General Influences: The Moon enters individualistic Aquarius at 3:20 AM. Venus conjoins Mars, creating the possibility of a new romance (or a new beginning for established intimate partnerships). Singles might meet someone special now through friends, group activities/social networks.
- Stockmarket: Positive trend bias.
Friday, September 12, 2008
- General Influences: Unusual circumstances and events that take you outside of your normal routine and schedule could arise today with the Sun opposite Uranus. The more highly structured things are, the greater the chance that someone or something is going to shake things up. Harmonious aspects between the Moon and Mercury, Venus, and Mars favor social interactions.
- Stockmarket: Strong Uranus energies can make the market choppy/volatile; swinging from negative to positive.
Weekend: September 13-14, 2008
- Saturday: Aquarius Moon becomes VOC at 9:19 AM; Moon enters Pisces at 12:04 PM. This could be a good time to get some R&R.
- Sunday: Early morning confidence could give way to feeling a bit bogged down by the time it will take to handle work and the possible need to help out another. Mercury conjoining Venus this evening is a good time to share your feelings with someone special.
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationship to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR SPECIFIC OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.
Disclosure: Long FRE