Summary of This Week’s Influences/All times listed are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
- General Influences: Aspects between the Sun in Virgo to Jupiter in Capricorn and Saturn in Virgo Wednesday and Thursday can provide a boost to work/professional matters.
- Stockmarket: As I wrote in last week’s Weekly Forecast, low volume provided a chance to easily push prices around. Stocks of government-sponsored enterprises Fannie Mae (FNM) and Freddie Mac (FRE) were up for the week, as less bearish reporting on the GSEs began to emerge. Echoing my opinion that wiping out GSE shareholders would have repercussions way beyond Wall Street, Thursday’s Wall Street Journal described how many large pension funds own GSE stock. Just as Mars in Libra was opposing Treasury Secretary Paulson’s Aries Sun and conjoining his Neptune, yesterday’s Wall Street Journal featured a front page story on Paulson’s handling of the GSEs. The Journal notes his nickname in the Administration – “Hurricane Hank” due to his “aggressive approach.” (With his Sun, Mercury, and Venus in fast-acting and impatient Aries, how else would he be?)
It’s interesting that politicians want a government bailout of the big three Detroit automakers (F, GM) without ranting that their shareholders be wiped out. They’re not even interested in invoking moral hazard on Chrysler which is owned by private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management. Chrysler got bailed in 1979 - the last time Saturn was in Virgo.
This week will likely see choppy/mixed and volatile movements. Tuesday’s open will likely be influenced by Hurricane Gustav. The business cycle planets Jupiter and Saturn are prominent this week. It’s optimism and expansion (Jupiter/bullish sentiment) vs. caution and contraction (Saturn/bearish sentiment). Ethical/legal matters are emphasized, so there could be new regulations/restrictions proposed or charges/fines announced against individuals or firms found to be engaging in questionable activities.
Disclosure: Long FRE, HGM.
Monday, September 1, 2008
- General Influences: The Virgo Moon becomes VOC* at 5:01 AM. Love, beauty and harmony are emphasized today when the Moon enters Libra at 7:44 AM, and lines up with Mercury and Libra’s ruler Venus. The energies are good for social gatherings.
- Stockmarket: Closed in honor of Labor Day.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
- General Influences: It might be difficult to refrain from binging on sweets and other junk food for breakfast with the Moon challenging Jupiter. There’s also a tendency to spend too much.
- Stockmarket: Negative bias. Inflation concerns.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
- General Influences: The Sun conjoins Saturn, a once a year alignment. This is a great time to work on intricate and tedious tasks requiring precise and exacting standards. A seasoned professional can be of great assistance now. The late morning to midday hours provide an opportunity to build or repair personal and professional relationships. Libra Moon becomes VOC at 1:09 PM. People tend to be less social and forthcoming when the Moon enters Scorpio at 4:02 PM.
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed. Improving conditions in early afternoon, but likely deteriorates into the close.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
- General Influences: The Sun harmonizes with Jupiter, providing tremendous creative potential. This is a good time to promote your work/business to influential people. However, the Moon in Scorpio is always a great time to do some detective work as people tend to be more determined to get to the bottom of things.
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed to improving conditions later in afternoon.
Friday, September 5, 2008
- General Influences: It might be best to work solo today. With the Moon harmonizing with Uranus early this morning, intuition and the need for independence is strong. The Moon challenging Neptune can create confusion and uncertainty. Scorpio Moon becomes VOC at 11:46 AM until early tomorrow morning. Now is the time to attend to routine matters.
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed to negative.
Weekend: September 6 -7, 2008
- Saturday: The Moon enters optimistic and relaxed Sagittarius at 3:11 AM. Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter whose energies are extra emphasized now as the planet of expansion is stationary through September 9. (Jupiter moves direct tomorrow.) Favorable interaction between the Moon and Venus this evening offers a pleasant opportunity to share what you enjoy with the one you love.
- Sunday: The First Quarter Moon could find many operating in hyperdrive working on an ambitious agenda. With Mercury and Mars challenging Jupiter, overconfidence could prompt overspending, overindulgence, and excessive risk-taking.
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationship to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR SPECIFIC OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.