- General Influences: We’re now in the volatile time band between the August 1 Solar Eclipse and the August 16 Lunar Eclipse, with Friday’s First Quarter Moon at the midpoint. The Leo eclipse represents leaders. Planetary alignments increase the possibility of a prominent political leader passing around this time.
It’s really important to stay focused this week, especially on Wednesday. By the end of this week, there will be four planets in Virgo (Mercury, Venus, Mars, Saturn). Add Jupiter in Capricorn, and half of the planets will be in the earth element. (We’ll get to six next week when the Moon* enters Capricorn.) Get grounded! Earth energies emphasize taking a common sense and pragmatic approach in all matters, especially regarding finances, health and work. There is a greater potential for earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters.
- Stockmarket: Volatility and wild swings are likely to increase, particularly at midweek; see Wednesday’s entry for more. Geopolitical tensions/activity is likely to influence market sentiment. This should make oil more volatile with periods of upside moves. (Maybe that’s why Goldman’s still bullish.) As outlined in my Mars in Virgo post, tensions between Iran, Israel, and the US remain high at this time. As implied in a June post, transiting Neptune challenging Israel’s Taurus Sun can represent scandal for the country’s leader. The Neptune transit creates a confusing situation concerning the country’s leadership and its policies. Olmert’s announcement last week that he will step down as Kadima party leader next month only adds to the uncertainty over tensions with Israel and Iran.
The FOMC announcement is on Tuesday – big freakin’ deal. Bernanke made it really clear in his semi-annual testimony last month that his only concern is growth and the banks, so forget about raising rates.
Look out retailers! The lineup of planets in Virgo and the earth element means consumers going to be really frugal now.
Monday, August 4, 2008
- General Influences: Rise and shine and get moving as the day begins with the Moon conjoining Mars in Virgo! Energies can be a bit scattered early this morning, so focus on doing one thing at a time. The Virgo Moon is a good time each month to organize your workspace and attend to all the details. A disagreement over something trivial has the potential to get emotionally intense this evening. At 8:15 PM, the Virgo Moon becomes VOC.** Relationships get back in balance when the Moon enters Libra at 10:28 PM. Libra’s ruler Venus harmonizing with Pluto tonight ends the day on a loving note.
- Stockmarket: Negative trend bias at least early; oil could be a factor. Then could be choppy to improving conditions, but likely to weaken/turn down into the close.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
- General Influences: Partnerships and alliances of all kinds tend to be in focus when the Moon is in Libra. There’s a tendency to be more interested in what other people think, so much so that it can be more difficult to reach a decision.
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed to mildly positive trend.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
- General Influences: Venus enters Virgo until August 30. Venus in Virgo is interested in beauty that’s practical. From sprucing up physical appearance for job interviews to stocking up on back to college/school supplies that are in cool colors and designs. Venus in Virgo is about providing top notch service down to the most minor detail.
It’s especially important to stay calm and balanced today as Mars in Virgo opposes Uranus in Pisces. There’s a tendency to act too radically and rashly. Be extra careful driving and working with tools and machinery. Keep your distance from anyone behaving aggressively. Backup files in case computer systems could go down or there’s a sudden power outage. As if these energies are not enough, Mercury in Leo opposes Neptune in Aquarius, potentially creating news and rumors worthy of any Hollywood drama. This is not the best time for entering into contractual agreements. However, the energies are good for artistic and creative projects, which get a boost from the Libra Moon harmonizing with Neptune later this afternoon. Dinnertime provides a good opportunity to talk things over one on one.
- Stockmarket: Volatile; fast-moving swings in either direction, especially in the afternoon. Tendency is down. Oil likely up. There could be disruptions or errors in stock data transmission, so be careful. Rumors could be running rampant and a scandal could erupt. What happens today might not fully play out until next week.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
- General Influences: Libra Moon becomes VOC at 5:01 AM; Moon enters Scorpio at 7:26 AM. The morning is a good opportunity to team up with a coworker on a project. Most of the time Scorpio Moon energies are better suited for working solo as people tend to be more secretive and guarded.
- Stockmarket: Market strongest in late morning.
Friday, August 8, 2008
- General Influences: The Moon favorably aspecting Jupiter this morning can provide an opportunity to discuss a business idea/proposal with a superior or potential client. People tend to feel more confident about expressing ideas they’ve kept under wraps. The First Quarter Moon occurs at 4:20 PM; emotions can get dramatically intense.
- Stockmarket: Negative bias. Likely strongest later in morning, possible upswing that probably won’t hold up.
As I wrote in a post last December, China’s economy has already contracted. The Beijing Olympics will probably turn out to be an economic and political disaster for China.
Weekend: August 9-10, 2008
- Saturday: Favorable Moon/Mars energy provides the impetus to get an early start on errands/work. Mercury in Leo harmonizes with Pluto in Sagittarius. If you need to have one of those “deep” natured conversations with children/loved ones, the morning to early afternoon is a good time. In any case, people want to engage in entertaining discussions about “heavy” issues. However, communications could get challenging later this afternoon. It’s best to reconfirm arrangements. Scorpio Moon becomes VOC at 5:02 PM. Things feel a bit more upbeat when the Moon enters Sagittarius at 7:10 PM.
- Sunday: Mercury enters Virgo early this morning until August 28. Mercury is at “home” here (as well as in Gemini). Mercury in Virgo energy is about analyzing information rather than curiously collecting it (Gemini). The Moon challenging Saturn might indicate there’s more work than play going on. (Or get everything out of the way earlier in the day to relax later.)
* The Moon and Sun are actually luminaries, but are termed planets for interpretation purposes due to their tremendous influence.
**VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationship to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR SPECIFIC OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.