Summary of This Week’s Influences/All times listed are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
- General Influences: Energies start shifting positions later this week (see daily entries). The most leisure oriented and sociable time of the Labor Day holiday weekend is Monday, September 1 when the Moon moves into Libra.
- Stockmarket: This is likely to be another low volume week and so another chance to easily push prices around. My commentary about last week’s market got so out of control that I had to create a separate post. That’s what happens when the Moon is in Gemini. :-)
Monday, August 25, 2008
- General Influences: People tend to be more outgoing and talkative when the Moon is in Gemini. However, with the Moon challenging Venus and Mercury (Gemini’s ruler) this morning and opposing Pluto later in the afternoon, social interactions could be strained. It might be best to keep your thoughts to yourself. Gemini Moon becomes VOC* at 5:52 PM. Home and family are the focus when the Moon enters Cancer at 8:18 PM.
- Stockmarket: Up early in session, but might get choppy/mixed after midday.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
- General Influences: Favorable energies between the Moon and Saturn in Virgo this afternoon provide an opportunity to tackle difficult or tedious tasks. Food becomes more important when the Moon is in Cancer; an opposition to Jupiter late this afternoon can create a big appetite.
- Stockmarket: Stronger as morning progresses, then could weaken, and turn mildly up by mid-afternoon.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
- General Influences: The Moon in Cancer (its “home” sign) craves security, but a harmonious influence from Uranus early this morning says it’s time to break out of the comfort zone. There might be some after work socializing with the office “family.” Watch what you say today with Mercury challenging Pluto. Jealousy and secrets might surface. Cancer Moon becomes VOC at 8:13 PM. Leo Moon takes center stage at 10:51 PM.
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed; negative trend bias. Mercury and Venus challenging Pluto now can bring news of financial manipulation, cover-ups and possible corruption charges.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
- General Influences: We’re ready for action with the Moon favorably aspecting Mars in Libra. More energy could be going into formulating weekend plans with that special someone than working. Venus challenges Pluto, an influence affecting today and tomorrow. This energy can create intense feelings and bring up some deep-seated issues, particularly in intimate relationships. At its lowest level, this can manifest as jealousy and sexual manipulation.
Mercury enters Libra late this evening until November 4. Think like a diplomat; realize how your words affect others. Mercury in Libra wants to give everyone equal time to share their thoughts. (NOTE: Mercury’s extended stay in Libra is due to the planet of communication and movement turning retrograde on September 24 until October 15. Look for a post detailing this cycle later in the week. In the meantime, here’s my post on the last Mercury retrograde cycle of May 26 – June 19, 2008 if you’re not familiar with what Mercury retrograde is all about.)
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed to positive trend bias.
Friday, August 29, 2008
- General Influences: With the Leo Moon opposing the planetary energy of illusion (Neptune), beware of deceptive or hyped sales pitches. You might not be getting the complete picture now. The Moon harmonizing with Pluto can instill a feeling of confidence to face the most challenging situations. Leo Moon becomes VOC at 11:44 PM.
- Stockmarket: Up in morning, but begins to weaken and get lackluster by afternoon.
Weekend: August 30-31, 2008
- Saturday: The Moon enters Virgo at 2:18 AM. Venus enters Libra until September 23. Venus is in its “home” sign now. People tend to be more sociable and desire the company of others. Venus joins Mercury (communication) and Mars (action) in Libra. This is a good time to spruce up yourself and your environment, as Venus in Libra feels best when inner and outer beauty are balanced. There’s an increased interest in the Arts. Keep an eye on your budget during this cycle, or keep your mall visits to a minimum if you know the temptations are too great (especially September 6–9). Unattached people become more active in desiring to meet that special someone.
The Virgo New Moon occurs at 3:58 PM, the second New Moon this month. The Sun and Moon conjoin Saturn. Virgo relates to our work, health and dietary matters, and our daily routine. Saturn rules time, our profession and public reputation. The Virgo New Moon is about making a fresh start in these areas. Are we being efficient with the way we spend our time? (Check back to Wall Street Weather for my Virgo New Moon Cycle post by midweek.) Even though it’s Saturday night, many people could be too tired or feeling too serious to go out and party.
- Sunday: There might be some surprises this afternoon with the Moon opposing Uranus. People tend to be more interested in doing their own thing now rather than stick to any pre-planned arrangements.
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationship to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR SPECIFIC OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.