Summary of This Week’s Influences/All times listed are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
- General Influences: Except for Friday’s Full Moon, this week’s energies tend to be less challenging. Wednesday provides the most productive energies of the week.
- Stockmarket: There’s an overload of data out this week beginning with Monday’s release of mortgage lending regulations by the Federal Reserve, Bernanke giving his semi-annual testimony before Congress Tuesday and Wednesday, economic stats (Tue/PPI, Wed/CPI & Fed Minutes), Options expiration, and lots of corporate earnings. All this conflicting information is likely to keep the stockmarket choppy and volatile.
Later in the week, the Full Moon in Capricorn conjoins the USA Pluto, highlighting the nation’s financial situation, from the banking system to all types of debt and lending issues. Mercury in Cancer will conjoin the USA Sun and oppose Jupiter in Capricorn, indicating that government officials at the highest level will have tremendous influence on the market. In short, this Friday’s behavior could be similar to last Friday. Jupiter tends to exaggerate a situation which can manifest as either overly bullish or bearish.
Monday, July 14, 2008
- General Influences: Harmonious influences between the Sun in Cancer and Uranus in Pisces emphasize taking an innovative approach. This blends well with the Moon in Sagittarius, an energy which tends to view unchartered territory as an adventure.
- Stockmarket: Indices might peak in late morning, then weaken and turn down.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
- General Influences: Stay focused early this morning as the Moon challenging Uranus can be a distracting influence. Mercury in Cancer favorably aspecting Mars in Virgo provides a good opportunity to promote your ideas to others. Take action instead of procrastinating doing errands and other odds and ends. Sagittarius Moon becomes VOC at 10:43 PM.*
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed to mildly positive, but likely to turn negative in late morning on rumors, and/or oil and inflation concerns.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
- General Influences: The Moon enters Capricorn at 12:20 AM. For the next 2.5 days the emotional mood tends to be more cautious and somber. The Moon harmonizing with Saturn (Capricorn’s ruler) and Mars is a good time to get some serious work done. It’s a favorable time to discuss your work with the boss, along with putting plans into action with coworkers. An early evening walk or workout can provide a refreshing energy boost. Emotional needs might conflict with rational thinking later this evening.
- Stockmarket: Down, then choppy/mixed, then improving. Likely deteriorates to negative by early afternoon.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
- General Influences: There’s an optimistic, ‘can do’ attitude with the Moon conjoining Jupiter early this morning. It’s a good time to promote your business. An intuitive hunch about a business situation should not be overlooked. The Full Moon in Capricorn occurs at 3:59 AM tomorrow morning. A conflict might arise between career commitments and family/personal needs.
- Stockmarket: Choppy, tends toward positive bias. However, the Full Moon’s energies could begin affecting market behavior today.
Friday, July 18, 2008
- General Influences: Capricorn Moon becomes VOC at 3:59 AM. Hold off taking action on important issues until after 11:40 AM when the Moon enters Aquarius. The Moon in Aquarius favors progressive ideas and taking an unconventional approach. People tend to be more interested in what is possible in the future rather than what occurred in the past.
- Stockmarket: Volatile; large moves likely with the direction dependent upon whose doing the talking.
Weekend: July 19-20, 2008
- Saturday: The Moon in Aquarius this weekend is a good time to get together with friends or participate in group activities. Thoughts and ideas take on epic proportions as Mercury opposes Jupiter. Be careful not to overbook your schedule. Edit yourself before speaking or writing something you might come to regret later.
- Sunday: With the Moon conjoining Neptune early this morning, there’s a reluctance to leave the dream world and get the day started. Aquarius Moon becomes VOC at 7:25 PM. When the Moon enters Pisces at 9:08 PM, a bath or foot soak might be a relaxing way to end the weekend.
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationship to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR SPECIFIC OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.