Summary of This Week’s Influences/All times listed are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- General Influences: Mercury retrograde until June 19 will probably amplify the quirkiness of the Sun and Venus in Gemini challenging wild and crazy Uranus Wed – Fri.
- Stockmarket: Maybe I should just copy the first part of last week’s Summary as it will probably be another wild week, although the tendency might lean more toward the positive side. However, market trends tend to be unreliable during Mercury retrograde with the exception of airline mergers either on or off, and Microsoft (MSFT) trying to buy Yahoo (YHOO).
Monday, June 9, 2008
- General Influences: The week begins with the Moon in efficient Virgo. The Sun conjoinsVenus in Gemini today; people want to engage in social pleasantries. Be your own PR person.
- Stockmarket: Positive trend bias as I think many influential people will be out talking up the market. There could also be a behind the scenes movement to get companies to go in and buy their own stock. (August 17, 2007 was the last time the Sun conjoined Venus which was then retrograde in Leo. Hopefully Ben doesn’t hit the panic button today.)
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
- General Influences: The First Quarter Moon occurs later this morning. There could be a clash of ideas with a coworker at this time. People can be extra sensitive now. A more optimistic mood kicks in early this afternoon. There might be an unexpected change in plans or interruption later this afternoon. Virgo Moon becomes VOC* at 3:42 PM.
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed; mostly positive bias.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
- General Influences: The Moon enters Libra at 5:55 AM. Libra is ruled by Venus, the planetary energy of attraction. Relationships (particularly romantic partnerships) come into focus now. Relationships today and tomorrow are influenced by Venus in Gemini challenging Uranus in Pisces. A partner’s sudden unpredictable behavior can be upsetting. Sudden attractions can occur now but are likely to be temporary. People tend to be attracted to what is trendy and unusual. This is not a favorable time for making changes to your appearance. There’s a tendency to spend impulsively.
- Stockmarket: More volatile swings; likely down in early afternoon.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
- General Influences: Mid morning is a good time to engage in productive conversation (or writing). The Gemini Sun challenges Uranus today into tomorrow. Pay close attention to what you’re doing and take extra care driving. People tend to be independent and nonconforming now. Criticizing another is likely to elicit rebellious behavior. Leaders might do surprising things now. (North Korea’s Kim Jong Il was born with the Sun in Aquarius challenging Uranus in Taurus.) Uranus rules electricity and electronics, so be sure to backup and have a hard copy of your schedule and important documents. Accomplish action-oriented activities today as the Moon will be VOC during business hours tomorrow. The early evening favors spending time with another walking or in other Libra sporting activities such as dancing or tennis. It’s probably best to keep political or religious opinions to yourself this evening.
- Stockmarket: Likely to be strongest early, then down, then improving.
Friday, June 13, 2008
- General Influences: Libra Moon becomes VOC at 5:16 AM. Venus harmonizes with Neptune in Aquarius today, boosting creative inspiration and idealism. The Moon enters Scorpio at 4:53 PM and the mood shifts to more serious issues this evening. Scorpio’s ruler Pluto retrogrades back into Sagittarius late tonight until November 26. This is the final roundup to address all those issues prevalent on the world stage since 1995: globalization, terrorism, religious extremism, and the fallout from livin’ large without regard to the long-term ramifications. To believe like Ben Bernanke and the Bush administration that happy days are here again in the second half of this year would be a mistake.
“Friday the Thirteenth”: I hadn’t thought about it until I heard CNBC’s Carl Quintanilla comment on it last week. To the paraskevidekatriaphobics out there, I can assure you that this is a very positive number that has been corrupted by centuries of patriarchal religious propaganda as Friday the 13th carries a strong feminine vibration. Fridays are ruled by Venus, the planetary energy of attraction. Venus rules banking and moveable assets, and the beauty business. There are 13 lunations in a calendar year which correlates with women’s cycles. To the ancients, 13 related to the spiritual ascension of the soul following the death (transformation) of the physical body. There were 13 original colonies in America, and the symbolism of the number13 is evident in the Great Seal of the US as the Founding Fathers understood the transformative power of the number 13 in creating a new nation. This is why I use the reverse side of the Great Seal as the logo for Wall Street Weather.
- Stockmarket: Wild swings in both directions, but likely swings down in late morning into afternoon if oil jumps.
Weekend: June 14-15, 2008
- Saturday: Today it’s the Sun’s turn to harmonize with Neptune. This is a good day to get your creative juices flowing to assist you in manifesting your dreams. Or just plain daydreaming.
- Sunday: Happy Father’s Day, Daddy and to all Dads! Any mid-morning irritations give way to an enjoyable midday to mid-afternoon. Life might seem a bit confusing in the late afternoon, so try to avoid making any important commitments or decisions then. Scorpio Moon becomes VOC for the rest of the day.
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationship to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR SPECIFIC OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.