Summary of This Week’s Influences/All times listed are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- General Influences: “Expect the unexpected” is the theme this week as Uranus, the planetary energy of dynamic change, is stationary this week, moving retrograde on Thursday. (Planets do not really move backwards but appear to from Earth’s vantage point.) Uranus retrograde until November 27 is a time to examine and let go of false and outmoded personal beliefs. Freaky weather conditions are likely this week and in late November. Be extra vigilant now backing up files, running security software scans, and ensuring electronics are fully charged.
- Stockmarket: Uranus stationary retrograde can create volatile to wild market moves in either direction (or both). Volatility will likely increase Wednesday to Friday. Uranus turning retrograde tends to be more negative. When Uranus went retrograde last year on June 22, the stock market was down on inflation concerns and the sudden fall of two Bear Stearns hedge funds primarily invested in high-risk mortgage backed securities (MBSs). It was also the day that private equity firm The Blackstone Group (BX) went public to much fanfare.
I’m not expecting any big surprise from Wednesday’s FOMC announcement, but the tone of the statement might come across as defensive.
Monday, June 23, 2008
- General Influences: The work week begins with the Moon in Aquarius opposing Mars in Leo. People might tend to be more agitated if not given enough latitude to “do their own thing.” A more cooperative mood prevails by afternoon. The early afternoon offers an opportunity to consult with others who have more expertise. Aquarius Moon becomes VOC* at 3:04 PM; Moon enters Pisces at 3:32 PM. With the Moon in Pisces harmonizing with the Cancer Sun, it can be rejuvenating to get some R&R this evening. Cancer and Pisces are part of the water element, so a soak in the tub could feel extra good now. If there’s not a lot of time, soaking the feet (ruled by Pisces) in Epsom salts is a good alternative.
- Stockmarket: Moderately positive, then choppy/mixed. Might see improvement towards the close.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
- General Influences: People tend to be in a very loving mood early this morning. Be careful what you communicate to others later this afternoon, with the Moon challenging Mercury in Gemini. Guard against secret information being revealed. The Cancer Sun favorably aspects Saturn in Virgo today and tomorrow. Progress can be made in home and work matters now.
- Stockmarket: Moderately positive trend bias.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
- General Influences: An unexpected disruption/surprise this morning could alter plans. A disagreement might arise this evening. This is not a good time to be blunt as people tend to be more sensitive now. Pisces Moon becomes VOC at 10:16 PM, quickly followed by the Moon entering Aries at 10:49 PM.
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed. Negative trend in morning. Reverses near midday, but could suddenly weaken again in early afternoon. Improving conditions likely in the last half hour.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
- General Influences: The Last Quarter Moon occurs at 8:10 AM, reminding us that we cannot be solely focused on our personal needs and desires, but also those of our family. This can be more challenging with Uranus moving stationary retrograde today, as this planetary energy savors freedom and independence. Any tensions that arise later this afternoon can be smoothed out by expressing a caring attitude toward others.
- Stockmarket: Choppy to negative.
Friday, June 27, 2008
- General Influences: Today’s energies are more suited to the fast paced style of the Moon in Aries. The Moon challenging Jupiter in Capricorn gets the day off to an ambitious start. Afternoon is a good time for a group brainstorming session. The evening favors exercising and recreational activities. With the Moon harmonizing with Mars, people are likely to be pumped up with adrenaline late into the evening.
- Stockmarket: Choppy to negative. Might trend upward going into the close.
Weekend: June 28-29, 2008
- Saturday: Aries Moon becomes VOC at 2:13 AM. The Moon enters Taurus at 2:50 AM. Now it’s time to slow down and smell the flowers! If you need to get some work done this weekend, the Moon harmonizing with Saturn early this morning can smooth things along. There’s a greater tendency to want to hang out at home today.
- Sunday: Today’s energies favor a more leisurely and relaxed pace. Friction between the Moon and Neptune could make it challenging to resist consuming sweets or food/drink that might be “addictive” for dinner.
* (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationship to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR SPECIFIC OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.