Summary of This Week’s Influences/All times listed are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- General Influences: The most productive day of the work week is Tuesday, the day of the Gemini New Moon. With Mercury retrograde and the Moon VOC* during business hours on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, most of the week is best suited for catching up on paperwork and other odds ‘n ends. Saturday is a great day for all kinds of social activities. Enjoy!
- Stockmarket: Mercury retrograde tends to make the market choppy and more unpredictable. This week’s market action is likely to be choppy again, but the moves should be larger in either direction as volatility builds. Sometimes I think I should just abstain from writing daily market entries for the three times a year that Mercury is retrograde for three weeks. Yesterday’s Wall Street Journal interview with hedge fund manager and author Barton Biggs reflected the fickle nature of Mercury Rx. Biggs said “the puke point has been reached” in the market, yet he predicts the S&P will trade in a range between 1250-1550. (The S&P closed Friday at 1400.38.) BUT “all bets are off” if "oil hits $175 in the next 2-3 months." Biggs might want to have a barf bag handy for later this year.
Monday, June 2, 2008
- General Influences: You might want to get up earlier to accomplish all action-oriented activities before the Taurus Moon becomes VOC at 9:03 AM, unless it can wait until after 6:06 PM when the Moon enters Gemini. Spending some time outdoors or in attractive surroundings is restorative. People tend to be somewhat stubborn now. This is a good time to review financial statements. Make sure that you’ve got everything prepared for tomorrow this evening.
- Stockmarket: Positive trend bias.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
- General Influences: Conducting business over lunch is favored with the Moon conjoining Venus in Gemini. Get re-energized later this afternoon when the Gemini New Moon aspects Mars in Leo.
- Stockmarket: Positive trend bias but might weaken towards the close.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
- General Influences: An early morning workout is invigorating, but if you need to take action, do it before 8:09 AM when the Gemini Moon becomes VOC. The Moon enters Cancer at 5:16 PM. Feelings of jealousy might arise or be directed to you around this time. People tend to be more emotional. The evening hours are a good time to balance the books on the homefront.
- Stockmarket: Negative trend bias.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
- General Influences: When the Moon is in Cancer, people tend to be more concerned about feeling secure and take a greater interest in their office “family”. Cancer rules food, which people tend to be even more interested in when the Moon transits this sign. This evening favors spending time with family or someone special.
- Stockmarket: Either sudden buying or selling, or volatility could take the market in both directions.
Friday, June 6, 2008
- General Influences: The Moon is VOC from 5:32 AM until 6:00 PM. If your work schedule allows it, today is a good time to clean and do domestic odds ‘n ends so the weekend is free to enjoy.
- Stockmarket: Negative trend bias. NASDAQ could be the most active.
Weekend: June 7 – 8, 2008
- Saturday: With favorable aspects between the Sun, Mercury, and Venus in Gemini to the Moon in Leo, leisure and social activities are especially enjoyable. Romance is in the air this evening.
- Sunday: Be sure to confirm activities and get togethers before venturing out to avoid any confusion. Leo Moon becomes VOC at 11:41 AM. Sports activities are favored this afternoon. It’s time to get into back to work mode when the Moon enters Virgo at 10:01 PM.
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationship to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR SPECIFIC OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.