Summary of This Week’s Influences/All times listed are Eastern Daylight (EDT)
Venus and Pluto influence the midweek, further highlighted by the Full Moon. Venus is banking and finance, and Pluto is debt. Put together, we’re talking massive amounts of debt. Their current cycle began on January 24, the day Soc Gen revealed a loss of 4.9 billion euros and a 2 billion euro subprime writedown, emanating from the actions of “rogue” trader Jerome Kerviel. Since Venus is opposing Pluto at the time of the Full Moon, the brokers reporting earnings (Lehman/Monday, Goldman/Tuesday, Morgan Stanley/Wednesday) better expose all the details to the bright light of the Sun and Moon. Stationary Mercury is at the ready to widely disseminate their news.
The origins of Friday’s Sun/Pluto opposition began on December 20-21, 2007. The two planetary energies conjoining are usually more bullish than at opposition. Large lending by central banks and large investments (such as sovereign wealth funds) are examples. Prominent Pluto energies also put the focus on nuclear energy and nuclear weapons. The combination of the Sun and Pluto have a tendency to elevate oil. Oil is also likely to be influenced by Mars in Leo opposing Neptune (oil/chemicals) then. Either way, I wouldn’t expect oil to be tranquil. Along with end of quarter options expiration Friday, the July crude contract expires. And then there’s the continued sabre rattling over Iran.
Monday, June 16, 2008
- General Influences: The week begins with the Moon entering Sagittarius at 5:19 AM. Enthusiasm could face a reality check around midday. Make sure you’ve got all the facts to support your position.
- Stockmarket: Down, but starts to turnaround in early afternoon.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
- General Influences: It might be helpful to get up a bit earlier so there’s time to eat breakfast and get to work without being rushed, as there’s a lot of nervous and restless energy now. The influence of Venus in Gemini opposing Pluto in Sagittarius can be felt today and tomorrow. Relationships (especially intimate ones) can get intense to the point of obsession. A partner could become jealous or resentful now, so it’s important to communicate feelings clearly.
- Stockmarket: Any gains made earlier could weaken/turn negative by the close.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
- General Influences: Venus enters Cancer early this morning until July 12. The planetary energy of attraction focuses on feeling nurtured and secure. Making the home a more attractive place – physically and emotionally, is important now. The Full Moon occurs at 1:30 PM, highlighting communications and our personal philosophy/vision. This is not a good time to express viewpoints that might be considered controversial. Sagittarius Moon becomes VOC* at 5:37 PM. Capricorn Moon takes charge at 5:52 PM, but business can wait until tomorrow if you want home sweet home tonight.
Stockmarket: Down but likely to improve by early afternoon.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
- General Influences: Today’s big story is Mercury moves stationary direct this morning. (But give the planetary energy of communication and movement a couple days to get things sorted out.) :-) Mercury has traveled back to the point of the June 3 Gemini New Moon, so matters that arose then might need to be dealt with now.
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed to negative trend bias.
Friday, June 20, 2008
- General Influences: Feelings of hope and optimism kick off the day but might get overshadowed by the Sun in Gemini opposing Pluto. It’s your choice whether you allow yourself to be drawn into a manipulative power struggle, or look deeper into what energies you are emitting. Capricorn Moon becomes VOC at 3:02 PM. The weekend lasts longer as the Summer Solstice at 7:59 PM marks the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere. The Sun will be in Cancer until July 22. “Home is where the heart is” neatly sums up the energies of the Sun in this security conscious sign.
- Stockmarket: Choppy to volatile, but likely negative bias.
Weekend: June 21-22, 2008
- Saturday: The Moon enters Aquarius at 5:33 AM, ushering in a do your own thing kind of weekend. Mars in Leo opposes Neptune in Aquarius. It’s a good time to release any pent up anger or energy through engaging in favorite leisure activities. Social plans are best enjoyed without any preconceived expectations.
- Sunday: The early morning is a good time for communicating, writing, or checking out the latest news online. The Moon in Aquarius is always a great time to do something completely different.
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationship to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR SPECIFIC OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.