Summary of This Week’s Influences/All times listed are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- General Influences: See Monday’s entry for all the details about Mercury and Neptune moving retrograde simultaneously and be sure to check out the link below. The most important thing to remember about the period from May 26 – June 19 is to be as clear and concise as possible in all communications, make sure you understand what others are communicating to you, reconfirm all appointments/arrangements, and run security scans and backup computer files. There’s a lot of time the Moon is VOC* this week. When the Moon is VOC when Mercury is retrograde, it can be extra hard to understand what’s going on. Allow extra time for all types of delays.
- Stockmarket: Don’t expect the VIX to remain tranquil as Mercury retrograde tends to make the market indecisive as to what direction it should take. Stocks that had been climbing recently might reverse course, while stocks that were sliding might turn around. The bottom line is that circumstances can change rapidly.
Monday, May 26, 2008
- General Influences: Since Gemini is a dualistic sign, perhaps it is fitting that two planetary energies are stationary and ready to move retrograde today – Mercury in Gemini and Neptune in Aquarius. (Planets do not really move backwards, but appear to from Earth’s vantage point.) In its worst form, merging these two energies together can create mental confusion. At their best, a high level of creative inspiration. With the Moon in independent Aquarius and Venus in Gemini challenging Saturn in Virgo, relationships can be strained. Giving a loved one some “space” and keeping the criticisms to yourself can avoid tensions. Spending a short time listening to music or in quiet reflection/meditation before bedtime tonight could provide insight into a current issue. Dreams might be more vivid over the next couple nights. Aquarius Moon becomes VOC at 10:50 PM.
Art Reflects Planetary Influences Example: Tonight and tomorrow night the A&E channel is showing a two part miniseries of “The Andromeda Strain”. This is a remake (Mercury retrograde) of the 1971 movie of Michael Crichton’s first bestselling novel. Here’s how it’s described in the TV program: “A reporter (Mercury in Gemini) links a pathogen (Neptune) to a government conspiracy.” In the story the military uses their Scoop satellite program to collect space pathogens for use in biological warfare and the pathogens are accidentally released on an entire town with devastating consequences. Mars rules the military and in the “real world” all eyes are on the red planet which I wrote about last week in “Phoenix to Rise from the Ashes on Mars.”
- Stockmarket: Closed in honor of Memorial Day.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
- General Influences: There’s a reluctance to return to weekday routines with the Moon VOC until entering Pisces at 9:38 AM. By mid-morning it becomes easier to get back in the groove. Professional as well as romantic relationships can be challenging this afternoon as people tend to be extra sensitive now. The Last Quarter Moon occurs at 10:57 PM.
- Stockmarket: Negative. Might show improvement after 10:30 AM; strongest around midday to early afternoon, then begins to weaken.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
- General Influences: It’s a go with the flow kind of day where the inner world can take on more importance than the outer world.
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed; tends toward positive bias.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
- General Influences: Pisces Moon becomes VOC at 2:22 AM. Save activities requiring action until after 3:52 PM when the Moon enters Aries. Look out for potential power plays late this afternoon as everyone wants their piece of the action. Secrets might get leaked.
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed; tends toward negative bias.
Friday, May 30, 2008
- General Influences: Physical energy is high this morning as the Mars-ruled Aries Moon harmonizes with Mars in Leo.
- Stockmarket: Negative bias; action might change direction after 11:30 AM.
Weekend: May 31 - June 1
- Saturday: Accomplish items requiring action before the Aries Moon becomes VOC at 8:54 AM. After the Moon enters Taurus at 6:18 PM is a good time to clean out closets, drawers, etc. and examine what you want to keep vs. what no longer holds any value to you. I know it’s not the most exciting thing to do on a Saturday night, but this evening’s aspects might make the job easier.
- Sunday: It can be too easy to argue and too difficult to reach agreement this afternoon with the Taurus Moon challenging Mars in Leo.
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationship to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR SPECIFIC OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.