Summary of This Week’s Influences/All times listed are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)General Influences: Be sure to double check schedules and travel plans Friday and Saturday as Mercury, the planetary energy of communication and movement, will challenge stationary Saturn in Virgo. This can manifest as delays in communications and travel, so allow extra time. Saturn’s energies of caution, fear, and contraction will dominate from Tuesday through May 6 as this planet stations and begins to move forward again. Work-related projects that had reached a standstill might begin to move again. (Saturn went retrograde on December 19, 2007. Planets do not really move backwards but appear to from Earth’s vantage point.)
Stockmarket: With the 2 year Treasury at 2.50% and Fed funds futures pricing in a 74% chance Bernanke & Co. will lower 25bp on Wednesday, I concur with market sentiment that the Fed is winding down the rate cuts. Venus in Taurus harmonizing with the Federal Reserve’s Pluto reflects the Fed still desires to be mildly accommodative. Mars in Cancer conjoins the Fed’s Neptune. The statement is likely to convey the Fed is ready to focus their attention more on inflation. (If the Fed really wants to incite a market rally, they need to raise rates. After all, this would fit in with the Fed’s rosy second half of the year outlook.)
With Saturn, the planetary energy of caution and fear stationary direct on Friday for the employment report and challenging Mercury, I would expect that the market’s reaction to the report will not be favorable. The media are likely to be reporting more tales of economic doom and gloom Friday and Saturday.
With Jupiter stationary later next week, happy days may be (temporarily) here again.
Monday, April 28, 2008
- General Influences: The week begins with the Moon in quirky Aquarius. Mercury in Taurus harmonizes with Jupiter in Capricorn, boosting confidence to successfully get your point across in a professional situation. The Last Quarter Moon occurs at 10:12 AM. People tend to stubbornly cling to their opinions. This is a good time to run security and anti-virus and spyware software on your computer. Be extra careful at this time for malware, viruses, and suspicious email.
- Stockmarket: Any early session enthusiasm is likely to wane as the day progresses; inflation concerns creep in.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
- General Influences: With Mercury challenging Neptune, read the fine print very carefully! Don’t sign or make a commitment unless you thoroughly understand it and intuitively feel comfortable. On the plus side, these planetary energies can provide creative inspiration. People tend to feel more sensitive and a bit nervous in the afternoon. Busy Mercury meets Mars in Cancer, providing an opportunity to serve up some good conversation at the dinner table.
- Stockmarket: Inflation concerns are likely to be at the forefront again. Market might be strongest around 3:00 PM.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
- General Influences: Aquarius Moon becomes VOC* at 1:25 AM. The Moon enters Pisces at 2:11 AM. Venus enters Taurus until May 24. Venus is “at home” in Taurus, a sign that appreciates natural beauty. Venus here goes at a slower pace, showing her sensual side. (Attention Retailers: Venus in this sign demands value for money and will stubbornly refuse to spend if the price is too high.) Venus harmonizes with Pluto in Capricorn highlighting financial and debt issues. Today and tomorrow is a good time to consult with a seasoned professional regarding money matters. This evening is meant for relaxation and tuning out the external world.
- Stockmarket: Lackluster to mixed.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
- General Influences: Venus harmonizing with Saturn can be a time of romantic commitment. Spending time with parents or elders proves enjoyable.
- Stockmarket: Negative.
Friday, May 2, 2008
- General Influences: Pisces Moon becomes VOC at 5:34 AM, followed by fast-acting Aries Moon at 6:51 AM. Mercury enters Gemini until July 10. Communication and mental activity go into overdrive. Mercury is spending a lot of time in its “home” sign due to moving retrograde from May 26 until June 19. (I will be posting more about Mercury shortly.) Saturn moves direct late this evening – not fast enough for the Moon in Aries.
- Stockmarket: Negative. See NOTE under Sunday’s forecast.
Weekend: May 3-4, 2008
- Saturday: Mercury in Gemini challenges Saturn which might put the brakes on accomplishing everything an Aries Moon and winged messenger Mercury would like to do. Watch a tendency to overindulge/overspend this evening. Happy Birthday, Daddy!
- Sunday: Aries Moon becomes VOC at 3:16 AM. With the Moon entering Taurus at 7:58 AM, it’s time to slow down the pace for a leisurely Sunday. If that’s not your thing, the Moon is harmonizing with Pluto and Saturn this morning. Doing chores now will not seem like a chore. The Moon conjoins Venus this afternoon. Take time to stop and smell the flowers; enjoy! NOTE: For those of you following the markets over the weekend, transiting Mars opposing the USA Pluto raises the possibility there could be action today involving a bank. Obviously it would not be a precedent for the Fed to act before 8:00 PM tonight.
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationship to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.