Summary of This Week’s Influences/All times listed are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
- General Influences: Tuesday and Wednesday are the best days for getting serious work done. Friday is an excellent time for business communications and social networking.
- Stockmarket: The market looks like it will make a big effort to try to keep to a more positive bias despite GE’s big earnings disappointment Friday. However, as I had stated in many prior forecasts and Moon cycle reports, the overall trend of the market is volatile, with days of big up or down movement (or in many instances both). Planetary alignments the second half of next week might result in big downward moves. Whitney Tilson aptly points out in a column in yesterday’s Financial Times (“Let the herd stampede first before making your move”): “With total financial company writedowns worldwide at a bit over $200bn to date, we may only be 20% of the way there.” (Tilson is referring to a UBS analyst who thinks total losses from the debt bubble could be $1,000bn.) As Mercury and the Sun move into Taurus later this week, it will be harder for CEOs and the government to convince analysts and investors that a brighter horizon is just around the corner. As April reaches its close, earth energies will dominate. And when this element is running the show, caution and accountability tend to prevail as hype is too expensive. (Are you reading this, Messrs. Bernanke, Geithner, and Paulson?) :-)
Monday, April 14, 2008
- General Influences: There’s a need to bring the lightheartedness of the weekend into the workweek with the Moon in Leo. With Mercury in Aries aspecting Neptune in Aquarius, there’s an opportunity to share your views and interests with others of a like mind. Hobbies and creative endeavors are particularly enjoyable this evening.
- Stockmarket: Up early in session. Becomes choppy to negative as day progresses. Might see improvement approaching the close.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
- General Influences: The Leo Moon becomes VOC* at 12:56 AM. Energies become more serious when the Moon enters detail-oriented Virgo at 9:07 AM. The next couple of days are a good time to accomplish errands and detail-oriented tasks that might have gotten pushed aside. This morning is a good time to deal with any work issues that have previously been kept under the radar. A heavy schedule/workload could curtail any lunch time plans. People are inclined to be a bit critical now. With the Sun and Mercury conjoined in Aries, people will not hesitate to let you know what’s on their mind.
- Stockmarket: Market strongest in the late morning. Begins to weaken in late afternoon.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
- General Influences: Use the Virgo Moon to really plough through the details as the Moon will be VOC all day tomorrow. The Moon in Virgo also emphasizes cultivating a healthy mind and body. Trying a new recipe/incorporating new food for dinner followed by a walk, might be enjoyable this evening.
- Stockmarket: Down, on economic/financial news.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
- General Influences: Virgo Moon becomes VOC at 1:59 AM until early evening. Mercury enters Taurus late this afternoon until May 2. People tend to be more subdued in communicating now. For salespeople, it’s important to emphasize the value of your product/service. Don’t be pushy. People might need more time to think through decisions and tend to be more stubborn when the planetary energy of communication sojourns in this sign. The Moon enters Libra at 6:10 PM. A conflict might arise this evening between personal and professional commitments.
- Stockmarket: Mostly negative to lackluster. Choppy to slightly up in afternoon.
Friday, April 18, 2008
- General Influences: It’s not just the anticipation of the weekend as the reason why people call this TGIF. Each day of the week resonates to a particular planetary energy, and Friday is ruled by Venus. With the Moon in Venus-ruled Libra, people tend to want to especially engage in social pleasantries today, and perhaps spruce up the office with some flowers. Mercury, newly inhabiting Venus-ruled Taurus, is harmoniously aligning with Pluto in Capricorn and Saturn in Virgo today. This is a terrific time to have discussions with subordinates, coworkers and supervisors about budgetary manners. The Moon in Libra is the time to make yourself and your life beautiful.
- Stockmarket: Mostly up/choppy to lower; might show improvement in afternoon.
Weekend: April 19-20, 2008
- Saturday: Some people may act like they woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, with the Moon challenging Mars in Cancer. If you know you’ve got a tendency to overspend or overindulge, maybe it’s best to stay away from the mall around midday today. The Sun enters Taurus early this afternoon until May 20. There’s a tendency to go at a slower pace, to take the time to fully engage our senses, nature and our physical environment. It’s time to get comfortable – emotionally, physically, and especially financially. With the Libra Moon harmonizing with Neptune in Aquarius before becoming VOC at 4:55 PM, getting together with friends or participating in group activities is especially enjoyable.
- Sunday: The Moon enters Scorpio at 5:00 AM, shortly followed by the Full Moon at 6:25 AM. The Full Moon in Scorpio can be the most emotionally intense (and usually wet weather) Full Moon of the year. For the most part, today’s energies are pretty positive. The Sun in Taurus harmonizes with Pluto (Scorpio’s ruler). It’s easy to go beyond the superficial now and see what’s below the surface. A disagreement might arise with another later this afternoon/early evening over financial matters.
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationship to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR OUTCOME is desired, as actions taken during the VOC period might not turn out as planned.