Pluto has been in Capricorn since January 25, 2008. Although the markets began facing the fallout from excess leverage on questionable assets last summer, things got really serious once Pluto moved into this Saturn-ruled sign. Huge amounts of asset backed securities suddenly became nuclear fallout. Financials began writing down massive amounts of asset backed securities, as the market for these instruments froze up as no one trusts what has been disclosed about the quality of the assets backing these instruments. Pluto in Capricorn means that the major “backbones” of society such as our financial system, are not working properly and must be transformed. The period when a planet is retrograde gives the world an opportunity to review and repair what is wrong. From June 13 – November 26, Pluto will back track into Sagittarius (where it has been since 1995). It would be a mistake during that time to put the rose-colored glasses back on and think that we can just re-inflate the bubble. The longer major change is resisted or just tinkered around the edges, the worse things become and the longer it takes to reach stability.
Here are some themes and events that relate to Pluto:
- Pluto relates to heavy forces that in many cases tend to be outside our control. (For example, no matter how financially responsible you are, everyone is affected by the mortgage/credit crisis.)
- Issues revolving around power and control; handling our own personal power.
- Issues that are jointly-held (merged) with another. From finances, insurance, and debt, to two people merging through sexual union.
- Stationary retrograde is a good time to cleanse the body/mind of toxins and toxic behavior.
Monday, March 31:
Wednesday, April 2:
- How’s this for synchronicity? Today Pluto is turning retrograde on the Federal Reserve’s Sun, and Chairman Bernanke will testify before the Joint Economic Committee headed by Senator Schumer on the financial crisis. As I have previously written, the days of Congress
fawning over the Fed are over.
- The biggest NATO meeting begins today through Friday in Bucharest. On the agenda: NATO enlargement, and operations in Afghanistan and Kosovo. With Pluto challenging the house of the USA horoscope relating to global reputation, along with the transiting Sun in Aries challenging the USA Sun and Bush’s natal Sun, other leaders will be seriously questioning and commenting on US policies.
Thursday, April 3:
Sunday, April 6:
- With Venus in Aries challenging Pluto, AND another Sunday with the Moon Void, there may be another major financial deal announced.
Nuclear issues are usually highlighted when Pluto energies are prominent. “Nu Clear” energy could be just that if it is harnessed through nuclear fusion, the energy of the stars. In the currently used nuclear fission, the atoms are split apart, a physical act of divisiveness. In nuclear fusion, the atoms are fused together as one.