- General Influences: Issues that have been stagnant in the last few weeks may get back in motion later this week as Mercury retrograde comes to an end tonight. The Lunar Eclipse occurs on Wednesday.
- Stockmarket: The down times in the market this week will be stronger than the up times indicated. Fears about what’s really on the balance sheets of the financials will continue to weigh on the market. The Lunar Eclipse brings the realization that intervention to “rescue” those entities that each government agency favors is not the panacea it initially appeared to be. Saturn dominating the eclipse reminds us that everything takes time to resolve.
- General Influences: Mercury is ending its retrograde cycle begun on January 28. Communications and travel may be still be a bit challenging for the next couple of days until the winged messenger begins moving forward. The week begins with the Moon VOC* in Cancer until early afternoon. Home and family are in focus. This morning can be a good time to catch up with things around the house. Once the Moon enters Leo at 1:51 PM, the energy shifts to leisure activities. A conflict may arise with a loved one late this afternoon.
- Stockmarket: The market is closed for President’s Day, but that is not stopping powerful financial and government participants from stirring the pot. During the MLK holiday last month, NY insurance commissioner Dinallo asked Buffett to come up with a plan to back stop the municipal book of the monoline insurers to keep their AAA rating. Bernanke was in the office watching European markets fall; by the end of the day the FOMC decided to make an emergency rate cut. Since the MLK holiday, the Fed has cut interest rates 1.25%. The three major indices are slightly lower, and the 10 year bond has slightly edged up.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
- General Influences: The Sun enters Pisces until March 20. Self-expression becomes more empathetic and sensitive. Ideas and actions are more driven by intuition. There’s a greater tendency to be more creative now. The Sun and Pluto in Capricorn provide an opportunity to bring these qualities to the surface. The Leo Moon adds a boost of confidence.
- Stockmarket: Up, may peak out around 2:00 PM.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
- General Influences: If the energy seems a bit overcharged with people running all around, chalk it up to the Virgo Lunar Eclipse tonight. The Leo Moon becomes VOC at 12:53 PM until entering Virgo at 7:06 PM. These VOC hours are good for routine matters (or goofing off), rather than taking action. The Lunar Eclipse at 10:30 PM is a “supercharged” Full Moon. With the Moon in Virgo conjoined with Saturn, anything that has been neglected will get your full attention. It’s about doing more with less. Since the Sun and Moon are opposing one another, the need for balance is highlighted. Virgo relates to health, diet, daily routine, work and coworkers. Pisces is inspiration, fantasy, dreams, and compassion. On an economic level, there may be food or medical supply shortages, and higher inflation.
- Stockmarket: Choppy to moderately positive.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
- General Influences: With the Moon in Virgo today and tomorrow and decreasing in light, now is a good time to clean up any bad dietary habits. The Virgo Moon is good motivation for accomplishing all the stuff most people prefer to postpone.
- Stockmarket: Negative.
Friday, February 22, 2008
- General Influences: Today is a good time to work on projects requiring a high level of detail, rather than wasting time gossiping or criticizing. People tend to act more aggressively this evening, so take extra care driving. Virgo Moon becomes VOC at 9:15 PM.
- Stockmarket: Choppy to moderately positive. May weaken in late morning and turn down.
Weekend: February 23-24, 2008
- Saturday: The Moon enters Libra at 2:45 AM. In Libra, there’s a greater need to reach out to others and cultivate beauty and refinement. Social gatherings or spending time with a loved one is particularly enjoyable today.
- Sunday: The Sun in Pisces opposes Saturn in Virgo. Physically, this can be a low energy aspect. Life may seem limiting and harsh. It may be time to face a difficult issue head on assisted by the emotional support of another. A more hopeful feeling prevails this evening.
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationship to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything were NO ACTION OR OUTCOME is desired. “Nothing will come of it!”