Summary of This Week’s Influences
- General Influences: Mercury is retrograde until February 18; it may be better to postpone making major decisions until later this month. Venus in Capricorn on Valentine’s Day emphasizes traditional gifts and gestures. Venus in this sign is about quality rather than quantity. Anything tacky is out! Above all, Venus in Capricorn is practical. If money is tight, give that someone special your time and attention!
- Stockmarket: See each day’s entry for details.
Monday, February 11, 2008
- General Influences: There’s a need for speed with the Moon in Aries today. People tend to act more impulsively now. The afternoon can be a good time to network with others, or meet with other project members as this week would be a good time to make any needed revisions. Work commitments may postpone after work plans. An evening walk or workout can clear the head. Aries Moon becomes VOC at 8:00 PM.*
- Stockmarket: This may be “monoline Monday” as the bond insurers continue to be a big financial focus weighing on the market (Tuesday too). Oil and inflation talk could be another factor keeping the market down at least for most of the day. Market shows improvement going into the close.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
- General Influences: The Moon enters Taurus at 4:34 AM. Now there’s a need to do things at a slower, more methodical pace. This afternoon is a good time to work on budgets and balance sheets. Be sure to save and back up files this evening. Internet providers and/or sites may experience problems tonight.
- Stockmarket: Market’s best performance may occur in the morning to mid-afternoon.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
- General Influences: Pay attention to your intuition this morning, particularly concerning financial matters. There may be a misunderstanding with a friend later this afternoon. The
First Quarter Moon occurs at 10:33 PM. Couples may want to start celebrating Valentine’s Day tonight as the Taurus Moon harmonizes with Venus in Capricorn just after midnight.
- Stockmarket: Negative sentiment. Banks may announce further writedowns.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
- General Influences: Happy Valentine’s Day! Taurus Moon becomes VOC at 12:05 AM. Moon enters Gemini at 7:19 AM. There’s lots of social interaction going on today as the
Sun in Aquarius harmonizes with Mars in Gemini. Physical energies are high. A schedule snafu or work situation may interfere with early evening plans. The late evening is a good time for writing and sending emails.
- Stockmarket: Market up at least for the morning on the belief the Fed will have an intermeeting rate cut.
Friday, February 15, 2008
- General Influences: It’s important to stay focused on one thing at a time today to avoid potential accidents. An early afternoon disruption may necessitate a schedule change. Escaping with a good book or going to a movie with friends this evening may be especially enjoyable.
- Stockmarket: Market may be choppy and volatile, but possible talk of more stimulus or rescue plans may improve the market in early afternoon.
Weekend: February 16-17, 2008
- Saturday: The Moon becomes VOC at 5:17 AM. Moon enters home-oriented Cancer at 10:12 AM.
- Sunday: Venus enters Aquarius this morning until March 12. People are attracted to what’s new and different. Relationships require a lot of freedom. Unusual alliances may form during this time. There may be luck in finding something that had become lost in the home today. Cancer Moon becomes VOC at 4:13 PM.
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationship to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR OUTCOME is desired. “Nothing will come of it!”
Related Posts: See the Cycles section under the DIRECTORY.