Summary of This Week’s Influences
- General Influences: Fasten your seatbelts; we may be in for a rollercoaster ride of shocks and strange happenings this week! Take a deep breath, slowly exhale, and let the prefix RE become your mantra for the next three weeks of Mercury retrograde. Mars starts marching forward on Wednesday, the day of the Last Quarter Moon. (Planets do not really move backward, but appear to from Earth’s vantage point.)
- Stockmarket: When Mercury is retrograde (Jan 28-Feb 18), market patterns can be difficult to decipher.
Monday, January 28, 2008
- General Influences: Mercury, the planet ruling communication, moves retrograde today until February 18. With Mercury and the Moon in air signs, social interactions are likely to be prominent today. Libra Moon becomes VOC* at 4:48 PM.
- Stockmarket: Market opens up. Weakens to negative later this morning. Improves in afternoon. President Bush gives his State of the Union message tonight, but what’s the point? He’s leaving in less than a year, Mercury’s stationary retrograde, and the Moon is VOC tonight. The chances that anything he proposes comes to fruition is pretty much zero.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
- General Influences: The Moon enters Scorpio at 4:35 AM. The next two days are good for doing research and tracking down hard to find information. Something misplaced or thought lost may be found this evening. Venus trines Saturn – a good time to review financial matters with a partner.
- Stockmarket: Negative sentiment.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
- General Influences: The Last Quarter Moon occurs at 12:03 AM. With the Moon in the waning cycle and Mercury retrograde, late this evening would be a good time to shed anything that no longer works or is detrimental to your well being. Early afternoon may bring new solutions to old problems. It favors acting on intuition. Mars stations and will start moving forward again. Mars has been retrograde since November 15, 2007. It is currently in Gemini – Mercury’s sign. The next three weeks are best suited for taking action involving past matters rather than starting something new.
- Stockmarket: Mostly positive. Market may peak around 2:00 PM. Becomes more volatile towards the close. Mercury retrograde would give the FOMC the opportunity to do a rate reversal to atone for their impulsive actions on January 22. The SocGen situation left no doubt that the Fed considers propping up the stockmarket to be the key element of its growth mandate. (Never mind that inflation is growing at a faster clip.)
Thursday, January 31, 2008
- General Influences: Scorpio Moon becomes VOC at 3:34 AM until the Moon enters Sagittarius at 5:08 PM. Today is good for routine matters and odds ‘n ends. Take extra care with keys and valuables today through Saturday.
- Stockmarket: Choppy/mixed and volatile. There may be rumors or news related to the monoline insurers that contributes to the volatility today and tomorrow.
Friday, February 1, 2008
- General Influences: Venus conjoins Jupiter today. Some people might be recognized and rewarded for career or community achievements. For others, this may a wakeup call to reign in excessive indulgences.
- Stockmarket: Venus conjoining Jupiter will likely result in large market moves. The jobs report may come in better than expected.
Weekend: February 2-3, 2008
- Saturday: Communications and travel plans may get confused as Mercury conjoins Neptune. This is not the time to make any formal commitments and sign important documents. People may tend to get irritable and impatient late this afternoon with the Moon opposing Mars. Drive carefully. Sagittarius Moon becomes VOC at 5:21 PM.
- Sunday: Moon enters Capricorn at 4:52 AM. “Work first, play later” is today’s order of priority.
*VOC (Void-of-Course) = When the Moon (our emotional barometer) does not form any relationship to a planet before entering a new zodiacal sign. This time period is best suited for anything where NO ACTION OR OUTCOME is desired. “Nothing will come of it!”