- General Influences: Mars is the dominant planetary energy this week and into early January. The planet of action and aggression is retrograde* in Cancer, the sign ruling home and family. Mars in Cancer can easily get emotionally upset and moody. The first half of the week can be challenging, as people may be impatient and a bit dogmatic. Mars moves back into Gemini from December 31, 2007 – March 4, 2008. Actions taken August 7 – September 28, 2007 (when Mars was in Gemini), may resurface during this time.
- Geopolitical: There may be an increase in governments imposing martial law or use excessive force. Attacks escalate in Iraq (esp. Baghdad). Iran and North Korea’s nuclear activities will be more prominent in the news. China will likely take more action to try to curb inflation, or take military action against protests over food prices. India, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia may also face violent attacks.
- Earthquake/Extreme Weather: The West Coast (esp. California) is susceptible to extreme weather and/or earthquake potential. California may face more wildfires. Other locations with similar patterns are Brazil, Iran, India, Japan, eastern Australia/N. Zealand.
- Stockmarket: For the most part, the market will probably fall more into its usual end of year upward trading pattern. Mars opposing Jupiter mid-week will greatly expand the amount of bad debt and foreclosures announced.
* Planets don’t really move backwards but appear to from Earth’s vantage point. See the Cycles section of the DIRECTORY for more about Mars and other current planetary energies.