Saturn (foundations/structure/boundaries) enters Virgo (workforce) over the Labor Day holiday. Look for a lot more about Saturn in Virgo and how it blends with other planetary influences in future posts. For starters, here’s some fundamental concepts and predictions.
The Cycle: Saturn transits Virgo every 28.5 years.
- November 18, 1977 – September 21, 1980
- September 20, 1948 – August 13, 1951
- August 13, 1919 – October 7, 1921
- The need to analyze, organize, clean up and fix things through common sense solutions.
- Seeking perfection and critical of anything not deemed perfect.
- Worries about work, health, and minute details.
- Takes responsibility rather than finger pointing.
- Need to be of service.
Economy & Investing:
- Higher prices and shortages for products needed for daily survival – food, personal care, gas. (Remember the gas lines and high inflation from the last cycle.)
- Workers demand higher wages. Labor shortages, especially highly skilled technical employees, healthcare. Also military personnel shortages.
- Computer system breakdowns and outages requiring a major overall.
- Problems with supply chains – need to bring production geographically closer, maintain higher inventories.
- Accountability – Corporations will be scrutinized more than ever before.
- Value investing in stocks with solid balance sheets paying high dividends are in.
Health & Healthcare:
Design & Fashion: Minimalist
- Homes and appliances will be much smaller with an emphasis on energy efficiency and the highest building code standards rather than cosmetic flash. McMansions will become hard to sell.
- SUVs will go the way of the dinosaur. Cars will be smaller but still possess luxury interior elements. High mpg, safety and reliability, will be important at all price levels.
- Clothing will become more conservative and tailored, especially going into the 2009 season.
* Saturn will be in Libra from October 30, 2009 – April 7, 2010 before backtracking into Virgo.